You forgot I talk like a CNN announcer. I'm not talking down to anyone. Trying to make sense of it all but seems more and more like this is simply not accessible to reason. 

It's hard to reason with a car nut also. Try telling a Chevy guy about how fast your Ford is. Or how bad a Corvair is.

• Like 1
  • Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Arguing about guns, is like arguing about whether or not god exists. Neither side never understands the other side, and both parties leave right where they started.

Cognitive Dissonance.. so much proof of source energy, and a clear history of gun law creep (ratchet effect).

Gun control laws are going to constantly increase hurtles and decrease options for citizens who sign up to responsibly bare arms.

Where does that take us..??

Arguing about guns, is like arguing about whether or not god exists. Neither side never understands the other side, and both parties leave right where they started.

....or more entrenched with their beliefs. People will always impart their opinions but you can't change another's opinion because that requires one to re evaluate their beliefs and this requires change and most people will not.

Once in awhile people change their beliefs usually when something dramatic happens in their life. Other than that people will not, especially here in the USA, most value their individual rights. You can't blame them because they have been brought up with the idea that self preservation or individualism is the way to go.

• Like 2

This is what happens when new "Regulation" or Gun grabbers suggest "Common Sense" gun laws need to be added. Nothing is added aside from more text. The RIGHT to something as it was is only taken away. That is a net loss for anyone within the law as it had existed. 

sub·tract
səbˈtrakt/Submit
verb
verb: subtract; 3rd person present: subtracts; past tense: subtracted; past participle: subtracted; gerund or present participle: subtracting
take away (a number or amount) from another to calculate the difference.
"subtract 43 from 60"
synonyms: take away/off, deduct, debit, dock; More
antonyms: add
take away (something) from something else so as to decrease the size, number, or amount.
"programs were added and subtracted as called for"

• Like 1

But Mike didn't write that.

The cake analogy is very fitting for what "gun control" does. No tr8r the cake does not get rebuilt. see the crumbs were wiped off of gun controls fat face back onto the plate when the "assault weapon" ban was allowed to expire. Other than that no gun control law has been reduced or overturned.

The bottom line is gun control is is called for when criminals break the law and it is thought that the only way to stop criminals is out right ban for all. I've said it before I will say it again, look a t Mexico, very hard to LEGALLY own a firearm yet it has some of the highest gun violence on the planet. Tell me again how more laws will stop anything?

Gun legislation has done nothing to prevent any arms that were purchasable when written. Even with all of the new regulations, we have a massive new catalogue of arms available to us. If you believe 0 regulation is right, you are not thinking critically. We'd have people shooting down jetliners from their back yards. There are reasonable limits.

I haven't seen any attempt to take away everyone's guns. The only people stating such are gun advocated sewing division. Sure there are idiots with you tube channels but they are not making laws. And as long as legislation continues to only target new categories of weapons and accessories, My picket signs will stay at home.

Mexico, Canada, Australia...terrible "proof" you've presented. That said, violence is cultural. Guns just make violent people lethal. They also make good citizens, cops, military, security lethal. The US has a violent culture. I'm completely of the mind that our issues are cultural. Guns are just an extension of that culture. Good and bad.

• Like 1

Schumer Postpones Presser After Al Franken Accused Of Sexual Misconduct

A little over an hour after a Los Angeles news anchor accused Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) of sexual misconduct, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) postponed a press conference planned for 12:30 p.m. to talk about the Republican tax cut legislation.

Schumer’s office did not offer an explanation for the postponement of the press conference.

Leeann Tweeden, an anchor on Los Angeles station KABC, on Thursday accused Franken of forcibly kissing her and groping her in 2006 while the two were on a United Service Organizations tour to entertain the troops. Tweeden said that Franken insisted on rehearsing a skit in which the two would kiss until she agreed and then “aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth.” She also shared a photo in which Franken is reaching toward her chest while she is asleep.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/schumer-postpones-press-conference-after-franken-allegations

Democrat Al Franken laughed about a homosexual being killed:

“He recalled writing a skit called “Seamen on Broadway” that was rejected from the Hasty Pudding show “by some preppie so they could take some other preppie’s skit.” Franken started to smile again, but his tone was serious, too serious. “It’s not preppies, cause I’m a preppie myself. I just don’t like homosexuals. If you ask me, they’re all homosexuals in the Pudding. Hey, I was glad when that Pudding homosexual got killed in Philadelphia.” The smile became so broad it pushed his eyes shut. He couldn’t stand it any longer. “Put that in, put that in,” Franken laughed, leaning over the desk. “I’d love to see that in The Crimson.””

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/11/democrat-al-franken-jokes-murder-gay-man-dont-like-homosexuals-glad-pudding-homosexual-got-killed/

tr8er .... yes opinions formed but seldom changed. Once formed they are perceived as being correct by the person who formed them from rational, correct discovery and believe them to be accurate. In other words you trust yourself more than others who had access to the same data. Hard to see, let alone admit, that it just might not be quite right.   

An opinion by definition cannot be wrong.