We don't need more gun control we need to uphold the laws that already exist. Joe fucking Biden said in an interview "we need more gun control laws because we don't have the resources to enforce the ones we already have.". What in the actual fuck will making more laws that law enforcement cannot enforce is just a redundant cycle of stupidity.

Gun control laws at the source are easier to endorse. Limiting the sale of certain weapons, mag sizes, ammunition, etc. so saying we need more laws, and that we need to enforce laws, (such as who has them, when you can carry them, where you can shoot them) are not necessarily paradoxical. Different arms of enforcement. Not to suggest they will effectively reduce catastrophe, just pointing out the lack of contradiction.

• Replies 28k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the right of the mentally challenged or felons to get them or 40 round clip assault rifles for hunting..

"40 round clip assault rifles" 

:rofl:

That sounds straight outta CNN. The correct term is "magazine," for one. Second, define what an "assault rifle" is, since nobody else seems to be able to do it. The only thing I'm sure of is that the media coined the term to induce fear mongering among the uninformed. 

• Like 1

Mike, functionally, the following two guns operate in the exact same manner, shoot the exact same round, and both have the ability to take large capacity magazines. The top one is traditionally hunted with and is referred to as a "ranch rifle."  So what makes the other one so different? Guess which one has been demonized by the media? 

637956_ts.jpg

8500.jpg

• Like 1

Geezus. I'm Canadian not American. I'm no expert on guns. I'm no gun nut. I do see some crazy shit happening down there and have a right or expressing a view on what I perceive. I have no problem with gun ownership and I even sponsored a co-worker so he could pass his background check to own and purchase firearms. Again, this would be in Canada, I don't know if there even is a universal background check in the states. I perceive that it seems to be quite lax.

Clip? What's in a name? If I said a dizzy you would know exactly what I mean even though the correct term is distributor. I  bet 9 out of 10 people would say clip if shown one. Maybe 10. No one says magazine. If for no other reason it's faster to say. Even a gun nut knows what the term 'assault rifle' means.

The rifle shown? I have no idea. I didn't say anything about it. Clips holding more rounds than you would ever need in a week of hunting is insanely fucked up. But hey.... it's your 'gun nut' thing.

The comment comparing my comment to CNN is a low blow.  

• Like 2

Roy Moore gets nekked with a fourteen year old so France says, "Hold my wine and watch this!".

French age of consent may be reduced to 13 YEARS OLD after courts rule two 11-year-old girls weren’t raped

Justice Minister Nicole Belloubet today said that the lower age was now a 'limit that is worth considering' by law makers

FRANCE is considering a change to the laws surrounding sexual consent after two men were acquitted of raping two 11 year old girls.

Justice Minister Nicole Belloubet today said that the age of just 13 was now a "limit that is worth considering" by law makers.

The move comes after the French courts twice refused to prosecute grown men for rape after they had sex with 11-year-olds because authorities couldn't prove coercion.

It is already illegal in France to have sex with under 15s, but rape charges can only be brought if prosecutors can prove the act was non-consensual.

The government is now drafting a bill to say sex with children under a certain age is as a result of the youngster feeling threatened.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4914784/french-age-of-consent-may-be-reduced-to-13-years-old-after-courts-rule-two-11-year-old-girls-werent-raped/

• Like 1

A_uJnBUCcAEgCGA.jpg+large.jpg

Last I checked, accountability has never been a strong trait of criminals and mentally ill folks. 

BTW Iran Contra. Reagan was a great president, but he was also a politician. In a pinch politicians will eat their young.

• Like 2

Geezus. I'm Canadian not American. I'm no expert on guns. I'm no gun nut. 

Sounds like you're overqualified to be on the news down here. 

There are plenty of gun laws in the states. The problem is that the gun laws are enforced while the criminals fail to go unprosecuted. People talk about loop holes and whatnot. For the most part, that's wholly untrue. The CA shooting, and the most recent one in TX, were both people that legally shouldn't have had access to them. The records system is broken, and people with problems go undocumented/ignored.

How do you keep guns out of the hands of criminals? You don't. You follow through with harsh punishment instead of giving them plea deals and letting them back out on the streets. 

There are millions of guns in circulation in the US. There's physically no way to prevent them from getting into the wrong hands. 

• Like 2

Like gov , way to much or too many useless laws.

Gun laws make no sense and are only advancing the removal of gun rights.

Yeah, because criminals and mentally ill people are responsible citizens who's gun rights are being violated. WTF

• Like 1

If someone fails a background check, they are told they a are no on the purchase and that is it. 

Honestly, they should be checking up on why the person failed and why they are trying to buy a weapon. Felon? Maybe some more time will do the trick. Mental? Maybe we should see what is going on in your noodle. Domestic Abuse? Maybe a judge needs to see if you should ever own a weapon depending on what  you did. 

The state, California, is back logged on background checks and weapons registration, yet it is supposed to start registering "Assault Weapons" and processing Ammunition checks pretty soon, first of the year for ammo and next July for Assault Weapons, yet it is not even caught up on regular stuff! 

As a law abiding citizen in Massachusetts, to buy a handgun, I have to do the following:

-Pay $100 and take a MA state police approved safety class, scheduled on a weeknight or weekend. They typically run anywhere from 4-8 hours. 

-Submit an application for a LTC (in MA, they're required for purchase of a handgun) to my local PD. Depending on town, this includes a filled-in form, letter to the chief on why you think you deserve the right to purchase firearms ( :confused: ), 3 letters of recommendation and/or references. 

-Wait in upwards of 90-120 days for the application to be approved by the local PD, have a full background check performed, and then be approved by the MA state police. 

-Upon full approval, my license then gets printed and mailed to my local PD. At their leisure, they then call me and notify me that it's ready for pick up. 

After all that, I can then go spend my hard earned money on a handgun. Long guns such as rifles and shotguns fall under the same licensing rigmarole. 

As a criminal in MA I have to:

-buy a piece in da hood

• Like 3

Im a "gun nut" and I say magazine, I use the correct terminology to help educate those who do not know. For instance it's not a "silencer" it is a suppressor. I have many examples of this. The terms like clip are around to keep the dumb, dumb.

Remember an unintelligent population is a more controllable population.

• Like 3

Im a "gun nut" and I say magazine, I use the correct terminology to help educate those who do not know. For instance it's not a "silencer" it is a suppressor. I have many examples of this. The terms like clip are around to keep the dumb, dumb.

Remember an unintelligent population is a more controllable population.

A clip is used to store multiple rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine or cylinder of a firearm.

Detachable magazines are referred to as clips, but this is inaccurate. A magazine is a mechanical device that feeds rounds into the chamber and has four parts: a spring, a spring follower, a body, and a base.

Now you are intelligent and uncontrollable.

• Like 1

Would be one weird looking garand if you had a 40 round clip.

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

Bang

KA-CHING!

• Like 3

A clip is used to store multiple rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine or cylinder of a firearm.

Detachable magazines are referred to as clips, but this is inaccurate. A magazine is a mechanical device that feeds rounds into the chamber and has four parts: a spring, a spring follower, a body, and a base.

Now you are intelligent and uncontrollable.

That checks out with the information in my brain.

The name 'assault rifle' has been around since the second world war. The Germans named it the 'sturmgewer' or storm rifle. To storm or assault.  Look it up for it's definition of what it is. There may be a reason in the US that an assault rifle can't be defined. Noclear definition.... no problem..

• Like 1

There may be a reason in the US that an assault rifle can't be defined. Noclear definition.... no problem..

No, the problem is what I was trying to allude to above. AR15's are all black and scary looking, therefore it's an assault weapon. Functionally, it's the exact same thing as a semi-auto hunting rifle. They've tried defining what an assault weapon is by what attachments it has on it, i.e. flash hiders, pistol grips, etc., and the problem there is, you can customize ANY rifle to have those things. 

No, the problem is what I was trying to allude to above. AR15's are all black and scary looking, therefore it's an assault weapon. Functionally, it's the exact same thing as a semi-auto hunting rifle. They've tried defining what an assault weapon is by what attachments it has on it, i.e. flash hiders, pistol grips, etc., and the problem there is, you can customize ANY rifle to have those things. 

If you were going on a killing rampage, would you take an AR15 or a garand? Come on man these a very clear difference.

The 2nd amendment does not define what constitutes "A well armed militia". In 1789 there was no national guard, many townships had no official police force and guns were ball and powder. The writers of this amendment were putting the responsibility of protection in the hands of the states and the individual. They had no idea were gun technology would go. 

• Like 1

You said to define what an assault rifle is, and I showed what it was and what to look for. They have been around for over 70 years. If the US can't accept this definition, it's not my problem. As I said they probably don't want to.

• Like 3

You said to define what an assault rifle is, and I showed what it was and what to look for. They have been around for over 70 years. If the US can't accept this definition, it's not my problem. As I said they probably don't want to.

Well then, AR15's don't apply. 

The FIRST sentence: "An assault rifle is a selective-fire rifle," and well, that right there ends it. AR15's are NOT select fire.

• Like 2