Project Kaoss: Bagged and Bodied 620.

kaoss

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The seat is one of those minor details I'm not too worried about. There is always a milk crate laying around. 

Hopefully I'll modify the stock ka mounts for the swap. It's a front sump engine, I'm not sure what I'm in for just yet, my only real goal is no hole in the hood. 

• Like 1

its gonna be tight for sure. 

my we just did a CA18 swap in my buddies body drop 620. the front sump required flipping the centerlink for the steering. 

with it being bagged like yours, if its low in the front, and aired up in the back, the steering parts start to get really close to the ground. 

since the KA is 3/4in taller in the block, its gonna have to sit pretty low in the chassis.. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

since the KA is 3/4in taller in the block, its gonna have to sit pretty low in the chassis.. 

Taller block, but shorter head, and lower cam position. 

I always wondered if a KA was taller than a l20b. It seems shorter from looking at pics ha ha. 

The KA is shorter in height than an L20b. Not by much (maybe 1/2" at the most), but it is shorter. Mainly due to not having a huge cam gear hump at the front of the valve cover. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

KA mounts are all welded up, they aren't pretty so you don't get a pic of them ;). I'll probably send them off to a pro that has better tooling than me to have them jigged up and remade. 

I did get everything trimmed to clear my wheels on both sides, so for the first time ever the truck is fully layed out with all 4 wheels and tires bolted on. 

C43FDFB2-FCDF-4CDD-8C04-34C3678F3007_zps

• Like 15
  • 1 month later...

Holy shit just read this in one sitting start to finish keep up the great work. very inspiring I don't feel bad about it taking a year to do the body drop on my 521 now. wish I knew you were coming off that l20 I want to get one for the 521 I cant clear the rack and pinion I put in if I run a ka. Keep up the good work if im ever up that way ill try to give you a heads up id love to see this thing in person.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Then you should get started on both an introduction post in General Discussion and a build post in Project Datto right away. Post pictures, lots of them.

well as far as the build thread goes, thats gonna have to wait a few months until i get back from deployment. posting an intro in the general discussion section momentarily.

Kaoss- whats the latest and greatest with the build? did you send off the ka mounts to a shop to be remade? also have you thought of getting a thick walled aluminun one or two piece drive shaft once you have the ka24 installed with the tranny, so you can eliminate the old oem two piece unit? you will have to have the front shaft modded anyways to accept the ka24's trans. thanks in advance for your reply. this buikd thread is great.

Kaoss- whats the latest and greatest with the build? did you send off the ka mounts to a shop to be remade? also have you thought of getting a thick walled aluminun one or two piece drive shaft once you have the ka24 installed with the tranny, so you can eliminate the old oem two piece unit? you will have to have the front shaft modded anyways to accept the ka24's trans. thanks in advance for your reply. this buikd thread is great.

About to seam seal it. Won't send the KA mounts off for a long time, the ones I made are fine, just a touch ugly. Thought about it, but I'm going to rock the two piece. I'm using the factory 5 speed with a 720 bell housing swapped on it, so factory drive shaft works with 0 issues. Thanks, I'll keep updating it. 

• Like 1