Project Kaoss: Bagged and Bodied 620.

kaoss

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant wait to see this thing slammed. I wanna bag mine but I like to use my truck bed for hauling stuff and whatnot.

bagged trucks tow and haul better than leaf'd trucks actually, unless youre just concerned about cutting up the bed, you could do a minimal c notch and low profile bags that tuck? itd get you pretty damn low, not lay frame low, but still.

cant agree with dirty better.......every truck i have bagged has towed more and rode better doing it .... and even empty they ride so smooth...can waitto do my 521 its a real bone jarring experience... and to add to what he said my full size lays out front to back ...with no holes or equipment in the bed....i prefer to not look at equipment.....its all possible ... i tow car trailers and my jet boat and it rides smooth...

the eliminator we just painted my brother and i ... its all ed metal flake with silver over the top.....it will fun the 429 scj bbf with duals....just a lake boat that will do about 85

32b97b65.jpg

shits runs in the family...herers my dads.. 19'cheyenne

3ffebfa2.jpg

and my brothers kina tunnel he painted two years ago...

Bretts_jet_skis_and_boats_011.jpg

couple vids my coworker shot from the dock when my father was giving his business partner a ride...

th_3f0f935c.jpg

th_fb50d064.jpg

this was before the new pump....shoe and intake....it was also blue printed...at the time it was a 80ish boat now it in the mid 90's....low compression no nos... pretty good...my father has a ccouple of nasty flat bottoms too....supercharged ski hydro and a beysmeyer... but he just keeps those for show... been a while since there out...

here's the beys flattie

DSC00261.jpg

LaborDay08055.jpg

heres a pic of the sanger my brother is refurbing..pic is from 90's

MarlinBoat001-1.jpg

sorry i gotta post this pic its one of my fav trucks of all time...

MarlinBoat002-1.jpg

alright sorry for jacking your thread i just love my dattos and my jet boats...

Those are so hot. My dad had one when I was growing up, not sure of the make of the hull but it was a mid 60's v bottom circle runner with a 427 chevy and a berkley pump. I'll always remember sitting on shore because it was too windy to take out the jet boat! Any day there is no wind my family still refers to it as jet boat weather. My dream boat would be a 1977 19' spectra with a blown 460.

Our lake situation around here sucks, as bad as I want one I know better than to get one. All I really could do with it is drag it around on the trailer behind my f150 and get 8 mpg instead of 11. So I've decided to build trucks instead so I can take them out any time.

ha yeah my parents just bought a little ranch outside dallas forthworth ......sounds like u guys need a 40 day rain....he says the lakes are all down ...way down... hes near some big lake outside dallas fort worth not sure the name but i guess he was thinking about taking his cobra down there, its a 28 footer ...never gets out around here....he says a bunch of offshore poeple hang at the lake...i guess the lake was huge but now everyones houses are like a extra 300 feet off shore....

ps still voting u leave the panel paint

i was confused by the wind comment then i remember wind to us is twenty mile and hour .....still boatable.....i am sure on the plains the wind can be a little fiercer......wind rarely affects boating up here....more just lacking the orange orb in the sky .....

20 mph is a breeze here! The biggest lake we have (had) runs west to east, and the wind always blows west to east here, so the waves had a few miles to gain size as they traveled down the lake.

I'm going to keep the panel paint, everyone just loves it. I'm not sure if was red or orange when it was first painted, but I'm thinking a dark orange to keep it away from a McDonald's theme.

cant agree with dirty better.......every truck i have bagged has towed more and rode better doing it .... and even empty they ride so smooth...can waitto do my 521 its a real bone jarring experience... and to add to what he said my full size lays out front to back ...with no holes or equipment in the bed....i prefer to not look at equipment.....its all possible ... i tow car trailers and my jet boat and it rides smooth...

You guys might talk me into it lol. Yeah my main concern was chopping up the bed, but if its possible to ride fairly lower and comfortable than say lowering blocks, id love to. Im sure theres no kits for the 620 so I better learn how to fab quickly!

The frame is looking great Kaos!

MantisX

couple vids my coworker shot from the dock when my father was giving his business partner a ride...

th_3f0f935c.jpg

th_fb50d064.jpg

this was before the new pump....shoe and intake....it was also blue printed...at the time it was a 80ish boat now it in the mid 90's....low compression no nos... pretty good...my father has a ccouple of nasty flat bottoms too....supercharged ski hydro and a beysmeyer... but he just keeps those for show... been a while since there out...

here's the beys flattie

DSC00261.jpg

LaborDay08055.jpg

heres a pic of the sanger my brother is refurbing..pic is from 90's

MarlinBoat001-1.jpg

sorry i gotta post this pic its one of my fav trucks of all time...

MarlinBoat002-1.jpg

alright sorry for jacking your thread i just love my dattos and my jet boats...

dude i love the step side,my favorite chevy truck style 1973-1987.

Post of pic of the jet boat, I love those.

I'm going to raise the bed floor on this one, and use it for my lawn mowing business.

im sorry, is it racist that a stereotype came to mind when i thought of a bagged truck hauling landscaping equipment?

will u hire me ......i would love to mow lawns and go home at 5 pm happier...shit my boat might get finished two with all the extra time

mr big tanker... i too have a real love for the square bodies but ti think its cause i grew up in them....i have a 71 and like it but i guess i never knew them like i knew my squares ... i would love to recreate that truck down to the canopy.....by far one of my favs from the way back machine...