What are you listening to???

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gunslingers & Outlaws have their anthems.

And here's the cherry on top; The greatest 'wordsmith' that the world has ever been blessed with. Guy Clark in his prime with his outlaw song. RIP and God bless you forever, Guy; there'll never be another !!.

• Like 2

Sterling performance by all of the band members on this lesser known classic by Pink Floyd  from a more obscure album 'Relics'. Shame this wasn't done more live.

• Like 1

This is the best version of this song IMO. You could practically see the drugs, alcohol and his soul coming together to give one of the most powerful performances I've ever witnessed, live or on a recording. I miss the days when artist could actually sing. This man's got acid and alcohol leaking out his pores and he still manages to hit every note perfectly.

Edited by IZRL
  • Like 6

Trampled under foot, led zeppelin. Can't believe it took me this long to find this song. Just came up on it like 6 months ago. My favorite zeppelin song now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 2/28/2024 at 4:59 PM, IZRL said:

This is the best version of this song IMO. You could practically see the drugs, alcohol and his soul coming together to give one of the most powerful performances I've ever witnessed, live or on a recording. I miss the days when artist could actually sing. This man's got acid and alcohol leaking out his pores and he still manages to hit every note perfectly.

Joe Cocker did drugs? Next thing you't try to tell me is

that Keith Richards did.

• Haha 4
On 2/28/2024 at 1:59 PM, IZRL said:

Dude expresed music with his whole body. Not sure if posting Zeppelin next was a coincidence, but Cocker's studio version of this song featured Jimmy Page on lead guitar. . I agree, not as good as his live version because it's raw as road rash. 

Speaking of singers who sweet enough drugs to kill a horse...

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, paradime said:

Dude expresed music with his whole body. Not sure if posting Zeppelin next was a coincidence, but Cocker's studio version of this song featured Jimmy Page on lead guitar. . I agree, not as good as his live version because it's raw as road rash. 

Speaking of singers who sweet enough drugs to kill a horse...

🤣 wow what an impersonation, that was perfect 👌.

I had no idea page was part of the studio version, cool. Just a happy coincidence.

• Like 2

These two bands are too heavy for most. Heavier music was a majority of what I listened to back in the day. Now that I'm getting older and noticed that my hearing was deteriorating from playing this stuff too loud 😆,this music only makes up about 5% of what I listen to and 95% is every other genre. This genre is considered "Hardcore". I saw both of these bands live when they were first starting out. For those who like the heavier stuff, this might tickle your fancy. I've heard people say that this music is for angry folks. For me this music brings me joy😀.

"Confined" by "As I Lay Dying"

"Knee Deep" by "Job For A Cowboy"

Edited by IZRL

Came across this modern band a couple years ago that I really enjoyed. Their style reminds me a lot of the Rolling Stones at times . They have some good songs, this is my favorite

Other songs by them if you like the style: Now and then, NSA blues, Blind owl speaks, Aint gonna stop, 8am Blues, Makin It, Out in the country. Good cruisin music

Edited by Foxhound
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Foxhound said:

Have to put this one out here. If you've never listened to this while flooring it from 0 to 60mph in 17.4 seconds in your "new" datsun truck, are you really living?

Raise

• Like 1
On 3/7/2024 at 12:34 AM, IZRL said:

These two bands are too heavy for most. Heavier music was a majority of what I listened to back in the day. Now that I'm getting older and noticed that my hearing was deteriorating from playing this stuff too loud 😆,this music only makes up about 5% of what I listen to and 95% is every other genre. This genre is considered "Hardcore". I saw both of these bands live when they were first starting out. For those who like the heavier stuff, this might tickle your fancy. I've heard people say that this music is for angry folks. For me this music brings me joy😀.

"Confined" by "As I Lay Dying"

"Knee Deep" by "Job For A Cowboy"

The attached videos are from the first after Metallica that I thought carried the torch. The lead singer offed himself

love dump(ling) should be considered a classic 

• Like 2