What are you listening to???

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 hours ago, paradime said:

Hard to believe, but this band also did this.

Speaking of discovering songs in movies. I heard this song for the first time in the movie "Snatch" in my favorite part of the movie. But I never took the time to look it up and listen to the entire song. It's pretty catchy 👌

(SPOILER ALERT! If you haven't watched the movie "Snatch", I recommend watching the entire movie instead of watching this clip. It's a great movie IMO)

• Like 2
19 hours ago, IZRL said:

Speaking of discovering songs in movies. I heard this song for the first time in the movie "Snatch" in my favorite part of the movie. But I never took the time to look it up and listen to the entire song. It's pretty catchy 👌

(SPOILER ALERT! If you haven't watched the movie "Snatch", I recommend watching the entire movie instead of watching this clip. It's a great movie IMO)

Great F'n movie! An interesting note about this song: It sounds like "Golden Brown" is talking about a woman, but its really a name for a type of heroine back in the day. Go figure that once this was discovered that it was banned in the UK. Kind of a second layer of meaning in this scene.

• Like 1
On 3/29/2024 at 1:34 AM, IZRL said:

"Planet Caravan", covered by the band "Pantera" in 1994 .        The original Planet Caravan was written and released by Black Sabbath in 1970.

I remember this album when it came out. Everyone would ask "You got any Black Sabbath?" So I bought the 8 track. I find BS terribly over rated but really liked this song to get high with and kick back. Wow that's 54 years ago and I feel like getting high now. Thank-you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Jah Give Us Life" By The Wailing Souls. Heard this Gem for the first time this weekend and had to add it to my music collection. I don't smoke but I was getting plenty of second hand so this song sounded even better that night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 4/17/2024 at 5:35 PM, paradime said:

i got to see them live opening for another band 

her tag line at the end of the play set was THANKS FOR COMING YOUVE BEEN GREAT WEVE BEEN GARBAGE 

i thought it was pretty funny and clever

• Like 1

"City of New Orleans" by Willie Nelson. Story time - Funny how I first heard this song. I purchased a record player at a thrift store a while back. I needed a record to test the record player with. So I grabbed the first record I saw on the shelf at that thrift store. Turned out to be a record that only had this song on it. I played it over and over for the rest of that day. Didn't know much about willie and didn't care much for his music before that. But this song is the jam!

• Like 2