Survey for a Master's Class

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My master's is in Finance this is just a BS marketing class. I understand I am introducing a huge bias when posting here, or any car site for that matter. That will be one of the things I address in the data. It will have to deal with brand loyalty. I also said the target audience is car enthusiasts not just the run of the mill person. I posted it to several websites as well as some other places. Thanks for the input guys. I know it is a bit of a flimsy survey. Datzenmike, who says I don't work for Nissan ;)

I am working on my Master's degree and am currently writing a Marketing Plan. The idea is Nissan should build a RWD car to compete with the BRZ/FR-S. Please take the survey and be honest please. Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/173A01LerrAIrwL0apTqiTPebkd1IxTWkDTVf_BknJ7s/viewform

Aaron

would you mind if the link was posted in other forums?

• Like 1

I don't mind at all.

This could be interesting!  A comparison of biased sample returns segregated by respondent's vehicle manufacturer preference.  I have personally never heard of such a comparitive study!  You may be on to something beyond your first objective.  By the way, I am a BEE [batchelor of Electrical Engineering] with an MBA [Management] so this is not just BS!  You may well have to add an entry requiring the respondent to specify what vehicles the respondent owns / drives to make this data base subject to sorting e.g. via SPSS [statistical Program for Social Studies].  Hope this gets you into a professional magazine!

I have my Bachelors in Electrical Engineering Technology (I changed from EE about half way, I liked hands on much more) and now I am going for an MBA in FInance. I made several changes suggested by people very good inputs I appreciate the responses I was at 50 a few minutes ago when I changed some of the questions. Silly when you forget to add a pay bracket, things like that.

• Like 1

Wow, I never realized that ratsun was such a scholarly group. I'm looking forward to reading your final results. Blow off marketing class or not.

Not all RATSUNers are greasy thumb shade tree mechanics!  Lots of us are greasy thumb degreed shade tree mechanics.  But we all share the same passion!  A well designed, well built , well inspected and well maintained vehicle.  All the inspection in the world will only insure that all the design defects are faithfull reproduced.  Good basic design is essential or you will turn out cloned turds and that's not what Datsun had in mind!

"Datsun, buy it for the long run" to repeat Parker Advertising's motto.  For the uninitiated, Parker Advertising was Mr K's good right arm and so when Mr K retired, Yokohama stuck it to Parker Advertising and cancelled all contracts.  Parker went into bankruptcy, their building still stands in Rolling Hills Estates CA but is now filled with in my opinion mediocre tenants [sAT cram school anyone?]

This could be interesting!  A comparison of biased sample returns segregated by respondent's vehicle manufacturer preference.  I have personally never heard of such a comparitive study!  You may be on to something beyond your first objective.  By the way, I am a BEE [batchelor of Electrical Engineering] with an MBA [Management] so this is not just BS!  You may well have to add an entry requiring the respondent to specify what vehicles the respondent owns / drives to make this data base subject to sorting e.g. via SPSS [statistical Program for Social Studies].  Hope this gets you into a professional magazine!

I work in market research programming. I have SPSS installed so I can run any analysis you want if you provide me with the data set. As big of a sample as you can obtain the better for more robust analysis.

Guys I needed at least 3 people to fill out the survey, I got 107. Thank you very much! I was delighted to see most people took it seriously and laughed at a few of the comments of people who clearly didn't.

Let me know if you need help running any analysis in SPSS.

I took your messages as serious except for whoever was talking about dragon dildos, that being said, I ran with the data and did some old fashion reading cataloging and just presented the information. 52 of the respondents listed fuel economy as a last choice in what they purchased. The 20-25k had over 30% of the votes, and one person had 60+ cars, another over 80! It was fun to do!