521 'King Cab'

DATSKAOS

Excellent pics Ray!!!! Where was that done at? In Barstow or Ventura area? The shop looks kinda' familiar........ but all shops look like that (even in Barstow)!!!!

The pics are from Ruben's Tire in Santa Paula- 10mi from Ventura

OK, more pics!!

Roof..

030908010.jpg

030908011.jpg

Adding cab fillers..

030908012.jpg

030908013.jpg

030908014.jpg

030908015.jpg

030908016.jpg

moved cab mounts..

030908005.jpg

030908019.jpg

030908017.jpg

030908018.jpg

I am still trying to locate pics for the body drop/cab/bed floor:cool:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be blind cause It looks blue to me.

So it is primer with dragon green, huh

I like it a lot

Since my truck has small dings

Would like to primer it with the Datsun blue

So I can do the same then, 2k primer with datsun blue toner?

my 620 is 2k primer with blue toner looks very clean
  • 1 year later...

Wow, It's been a looong time since I posted here. Anyhow, nothing new with the truck, just been driving it. I know you guys love pics so I took photos of some of my NOS goodies-some day they will get installed onto the truck :unsure:

101_0338.jpg

Probably the last 521 vent wing seals on the planet!

101_0330.jpg

101_0335.jpg

Early and late grilles/bezels

101_0340.jpg

101_0339.jpg

101_0342.jpg

101_0341.jpg

101_0343.jpg

Great truck Ray. I wish there was a build thread on this one. What Chassis did you use? Also wondering if you could get a rubber company there in CA to reproduce the wing window rubber seals. I need some and everyone I know with a 520 or 521 need them. I believe Mark (PCD) knows of a company in CA that is reproducing rubber seals for the older trucks. I t would be great if we could get after market wing window Rubber seals.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful truck and welcome to Ratsun.

i see the part number 80241-83000 for the vent wing rubber. is that passenger or driver side? What is the number for the other side?

thanks

Hey Mike 80242-B3000 LH 80241-B3000 RH Good luck with your search!

Great truck Ray. I wish there was a build thread on this one. What Chassis did you use? Also wondering if you could get a rubber company there in CA to reproduce the wing window rubber seals. I need some and everyone I know with a 520 or 521 need them. I believe Mark (PCD) knows of a company in CA that is reproducing rubber seals for the older trucks. I t would be great if we could get after market wing window Rubber seals.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful truck and welcome to Ratsun.

Thanks for the comments, haven't posted in this thread since 2008! Check the whole thread there's some buildup photos, I have more but I cannot locate them. I used a '79 King Cab frame and relocated body mounts. As far as reproducing the rubber....easier said than done! Look at what Tom (dat620) is dealing with with the KC window rubber, everyone posted that they were interested, but nobody's laying down the cash. :( These wing rubbers would take a lot of mold work to reproduce and wouldn't be cheap.

Hey Mike 80242-B3000 LH 80241-B3000 RH Good luck with your search!

Thanks for the comments, haven't posted in this thread since 2008! Check the whole thread there's some buildup photos, I have more but I cannot locate them. I used a '79 King Cab frame and relocated body mounts. As far as reproducing the rubber....easier said than done! Look at what Tom (dat620) is dealing with with the KC window rubber, everyone posted that they were interested, but nobody's laying down the cash. :( These wing rubbers would take a lot of mold work to reproduce and wouldn't be cheap.

I know what tom has gone through on the king cab windows. The only reason I can think that a company would be willing to do the wing window rubbers over the king cab rubbers is the length of years the wing window covers, covers 520 & 521 1966 to 1972, and also the fact that the company molding them would have a corner on the market being the only ones having the ability to reproduce them. All the company can do is say no!

As far as I have been able to research your set is the only NOS around if those were just recently purchase from a guy on Craigslist in California. I called this guy just after he had sold them and other NOS parts. :(

• 8 months later...

Im gonna say yeah... I've still got my fingers crossed though.

Sorry, but i have a set also, found them under the seat of a truck I bought in about 1995 and put them away for a day in the future when I needed them. There was also a set of wing window arms to, but am only able to find one of them at the moment.

DSCN0017.jpgDSCN0019.jpg

Sorry, but i have a set also, found them under the seat of a truck I bought in about 1995 and put them away for a day in the future when I needed them. There was also a set of wing window arms to, but am only able to find one of them at the moment.

Nice find Wayno :cool: Scored mine years ago(bidding war!) I've been waiting to install mine..maybe when paint magically falls from the sky and lands on my truck :lol:

Nice find Wayno :cool: Scored mine years ago(bidding war!) I've been waiting to install mine..maybe when paint magically falls from the sky and lands on my truck :lol:

For some reason, I beleave it is painted, and would look strange any other way. By the way, your KC and that other red KC inspired me to make one myself, but Bob3 got me going, if he could do that to a 520, what we did was easy. wayno

:thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Thread bump...

Got a Window Cooler for the King Cab :thumbup:

171B9BF6-B617-44E5-8D55-034843FA75F4-12893-0000112751114982.jpg

7BE6BB00-0087-4C37-A763-8A3A2D6A1C13-12893-000011283DA2B880.jpg

Took it for a road test to see if these things actually work and I was pretty impressed. Cool air in my cab :thumbup: I was a little doubtful if it would hold up, but it did @ 65mph...any faster i get skiddish that it might fly off or break my window, the cooler gets a little heavy when filled with water (holds 1 gal.) A/C...Ratsun Style!

9864A565-6432-4676-81A4-0A5167ABB14D-12893-000011278C7B8C93.jpg

I also took my trucks out to a local Lowrider show...got awarded plaques for both B)

• Like 1

that's nice ray both running a old school swamp cooler and getting awards, now i wish that i kept my swamp cooler that i had on my show vw bug. what is the name brand of cooler cuz i have a new sticker for 1 if you want it.