Project Datstang

Bory

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No that's right in front of my house and that's my sons buddy's V6 wonder. But thanks so much C6 for posting those!! I drive 80 miles round trip for work at the university, and I'm taking the Datstang tomorrow. Hope it runs tits. Oh btw yesterday spanked a 5.0 mustang like the gen tright after the fox body. I pulled him by ten car make that truck lengths. It was very rewarding.

• Like 1

Thanks J, it ran a bit warm, but I only have one fan working orderd the other motor from summit, plus one of my trans oil lines at the side of the trans started leaking pretty hard when I got to my driveway. So it's back on jacks. It ran great tho it's got some real balls!!

• Like 1

J on sat I was doin a bit of a road test and jumped on the freeway, where two freeways come together I'm on one and a mustang lowered exhaust stripes and a bunch of, ya I haul ass, attitude, we find each other side by side.

I was already in 4th, as I jumped on it and it shifts to 3rd on it's own, I see him and hear him grab 3rd in his 5 speed, this little truck pulled 10 lengths on him so quick, I had to wait for him, when I hit traffic. It was crazy to know what 1000 lbs less than he can do. It's been almost a week, and I'm sure he is still thinking what the hell was in that lawn mower hauling pos. funny thing, he will never know.

Good story on the Mustang.

Back around '90 or '91 I had a '72 SS Nova with a mostly stock 285hp 350. Nothing special, just a well tuned small block. I was coming through Wilsonville one day and a little Mazda rotory car came up next to me and tried. I will say, his car makes me wonder to this day exactly what the hell he had. I was BARELY pulling him.

Congrats to you both.

Ya those diamond shaped piston cars can be real scary, but thanks on all the props on this little 521, took it to Pomona swap meet, you may have heard about it, Pomona fairgrounds so cal. At times I had like 15 guys circling this thing just tripping out. It was fun to watch. You can imagine all the Q's I got, was happy to share all it took to get it to its current condition.