Project Datstang

Bory

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5B8F585A-478F-4B4B-BDBA-FA6743173F2C_zps

Not sure why it has that V shape in the body line, where it looks like the rear part of the bed has to be channeled to make the line straight.

Might be my next mod

35D8C25E-96CA-4ABF-9301-F98D70B5B9F7_zps

So after the first road test, one inch travel over the housing just isn't enough. So this is the rear Frame support for the C' section. I raised the truck up and set the rear housing on stands, then took ratchet straps and made the housing contact the frame so I can mark the exact center of the C. I ran a straight edge from the u- bolt and transferred that mark on the frame and inner fender. Then measured over to center of U bolt to find exact center of rear end. I'm using 5" schedule 40 pipe. Biggest mistake made with C sections is most guys forget about the U bolts. Which add almost one more inch to the diameter.

If you zoom in, you can see I cut the bottom with a saws all on both sides. Then used a torch for the outside and inside of frame then lots of grinding.

• 2 weeks later...

It drives bitchin, with no bottoming out, or any metal to to metal. It feels extremely light on throttle response, and oh ya, hauls the mail, does not do it justice. The rear was stick welded, for plenty of penetration. Only put about 90 miles on it, and can't go far before some asks, what I have in it. Of course I say- it's all Prius- ha.

• Like 4