Project Datstang

Bory

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

718DCA68-B36A-47E8-9418-8C5AC3458545_zps

Was down for a week, the hybrid dist,, which is a ford bottom end and HEI top end, used from 75 to about 86 or so, on GM cars, failed, summit racing sent me a new one, up and smokin tires again!!

Was down for a week, the hybrid dist,, which is a ford bottom end and HEI top end, used from 75 to about 86 or so, on GM cars, failed, summit racing sent me a new one, up and smokin tires again!!

A bit worried as that's what's in the V8 B210 we're building...

Seems to be a common problem with the non-OEM dizzies though. Most guys I've talked to that ran into this problem just bought all GM stuff for the top end and it worked fine. So there's a chance you might run into this problem again down the road... 

Ya what I found was the retainer clip holding down the coil pickup fell off on the main shaft and the pickup had wiggle room, the shaft starts to contact the dist body causing ware and friction on the shaft, creating heat and cooking the pick up, then it lost spark. So this is my second go around, but at least summit sent me an other right quick. For free.

Ya it was quick too, like 3 days, and I Havnt even sent the old part back yet. Feel kinda bad about that tho, waiting on them to see if I need any paper work to send it back

I'm in the middle of making a trade for a T-5 Trans

That will really fin this build off. Notrealhappywith this AOD. Shoot, looks like I need #, In front of those run on words.

Water pump only, I'm running the factory 90 serpentine system, so the water pump runs in reverse to the engine rotation, but it keeps up well. Runs at 200 on freeway but in traffic it drops it down to 185 with the two 12" fans running.

• 2 weeks later...

6257C9AA-36F3-4587-96FD-F257144C1704_zps

I did an engine bay temp test, Lowered engine bay 5 degrees, by spacing the hood up at hinges, 1-1/4". Now the heat under the truck is 5 degrees cooler, which lowered engine temp, due to air exchanging thru rad, 5 D lower.