Project Datstang

Bory

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I pull up to my buddy's shop to check the progress, and not only have they not touched it in two weeks, but they pushed outside cus it's in the way. So I got a few sick shots.

A few years ago there was an autocross the friday before canby. IDK if they still do it or not. Contact DVBoth here on ratsun. He is part of the group that puts on the show and would know more info if they still do it or not.

I'm trying to swing that but I might have to do a re drill. I'm in tenn at the moment at a good friends wedding. Till sun. But the datstangs wiring is done and I'm doing an initial fire up on Monday. So dang excited!! One of you guys will have to let me know how to post video.

Good and bad, so I did an initial fire up and it started right up and sounds super bitchin. Top off Trans with about 12 quarts, with lines and cooler. But never went into gear. Had to pull the dang thing out. Took me 7 frickin hours. There was so much shit to disconnect with cooling lines exhaust cooling lines fluid lines. Just sucks. I did a bench job on it so no clue what's up. Trans guys said he thinks it's the pump. Pics to follow.

I almost had to, had to disconnect one side and lift it up to get the Trans x member I made out. Half the battle was trying to save work and have to do it anyway. Super frustrating day. I should be doing burnouts Right now.

Found out that the shifter used In the foxbody is a hammer ratchet b&m. It's hard to adjust and burns clutches out if not so I'm looking for a stock foxbody aod shifter.

Oh ya I have that cable all worked out, had to cut a section off the throttle body linkage from the fox, and weld it to the holly I'm using, to get the right angle for the cable, plus had to make a special bracket to mount the cable to the carb.