Project Datstang

Bory

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the mustang rotor, I tried to get bearings that would work on the 521 spindle, to run the ford rotor, but I had no success. I still think it could be done, but I need a real good bearing builder to spend a little time with it

Ya I guess what it would be. Is, I would have to cut my own race. Best thing would be to take both rotors to a machinist and we would need 521 inside diameter, and ford outside diameter, on both inside and outside bearings. Offset of rotor to caliper is important too.

Hei issues, if you don't run a pcv valve oil residue works it's way int the dist. and spark failure is the result. Installed the pcv, but not before it gummed up the pick up, so I hope contact cleaner will help get back to the house and wait till summit sends me a new one.

• Like 1

I got two that day but don't know which one I used

1. Is national brand part number 221720

2. Is national brand part number 8660S

Hope this helps, now both of these still needs the base of the shaft to be machined out to receive these seals. They don't just fit right in. Just so you know.

Well I found out what's causing me to be on my 3rd HEI dist. Looks like I have a high volume oil pump, and they seam to be a tad longer, so when I snug my dist. Down it pushes the shaft up so it has no end play, which wares the retainer clip out and creates all the shavings that the magnet on the pick up grabs on to. Then with all that steel wool in there it burns out the module. So I spaced it out by installing a shim about 30 K of an inch. Got my end play back, and now I should be tits!

• Like 2