• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

I just gave you a reason Keith!  The winning of a brand that sells underpowered pickups that are supposedly better because they have less power and the same overall reliability as Datsun/Nissan, yet idiots still cling to the idea that Toyota is better, even "as American" as apple pie and Chevy.  A fully built non boosted 22RE makes about 10 more hp than a comparable KA24E, and less hp than a stock DE.  Yet everyone claims they're better.  Even though you run the timing chain loose and it eats into the timing cover and milkshakes the engine.  Nissan keeps running until it breaks.

But in reality, I don't need a reason to hate them, as long as their are people who have reasons to love them for no apparent reason other than mediocrity.

And the Prius is not a good car.  The Prius is the anti-Christ of what a car is supposed to be.  It's not AB transportation.  It's transportation that makes you feel good about being alive.  Not something designed solely for "mileage" and hybridity, when a Geo Metro can out-mileage it with a hell of a lot less frills and stupid battery pack.  The Prius is evil.  Pure evil.  It's one step closer to 1984 becoming a reality and big brother shoving a speak-right in your face.  I know plenty of people who have them and like them.  That's all well and good.  I would rather have my toenails ripped out than drive a Prius.  It represents everything wrong with the automobile, all wrapped up in a smug package, and is way more degrading to the environment than most hipsters would have you believe.

I will say there are some cool Toyotas.  MR2s, early Celicas, early Supras.  I don't mind them, but I still hate the brand and 99% of the rest of their offerings.  And I don't like how their motors are put together, or the stupid wiring systems on them.

• Like 3

guys haven't you seen the top gear episode with the Toyota truck ? Pretty sure the only other vehical that word start after sitting in the ocean would be an old willies jeep

You could probably do that with a lot of vehicles. If it had fucked up in the first ten min we'd be discussing a top gear Niva or something.

Not to mention the Toyota was diesel.  No EFI gas motor would start because the ecu would be completely fried.  That rig has no ecu.

Sorry Keith, when I say Nissan, I mean real Nissan, as in, before 1998 when Renault took over/saved them depending on which way you look at it.

• Like 1

Nissan fucked up bad by going directly to IFS on the 720. They should have done what 'Yoda did with the solid front end. Then we would be spending more time telling later Hardbody owners how to SAS their trucks.

• Like 1

How bout you stop bitching about Toyota's and just relish in the fact that a Nissan/Datsun of the same year will be cheaper and better and less people will be looking for them.

I cannot argue with that logic.