• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

To prime the KA24de front cover oil pump, do you pack it with vasoline

Only way to pack it with grease is to take it apart, fuck that. For the D-21 just pop it off and top it up with oil. Pull plugs and spin it over for 20 seconds. You should see oil oozing on the cam and the oil pressure light will go out briefly when the key is released from start..

If you're priming ANY oil pump that runs off the crank gear via the drive spindle for a Nissan application, put regular motor oil in the big holes and rotate it around slowly.  That's it.  That just lubes the internals so they don't start dry and creates a suction that will prime it.  As you turn, you'll see the oil rise and fall.  Don't add very much, just enough to lubricate.

• Like 1

So, I've checked out this site for a long time now and didn't notice a thread on it here on Ratsun, so I thought it was about time to do it. The neat thing about it is that you can do your searches specifically- like 20's cars, 70's cars, etc... Even by make/model. Really cool! :w00t:  You can also click on the Home button and check it out your own way. Well, without any further word, here's the direct link I chose for you (or simply try www.jaxed.com):

Get at it!!!:  :baby:

http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=cp&fil=&loc=

Is 175 pricy for a block decking, bore and cleaning, and honing con rods for wrist pins?

Z22 bored to 89mm @ $20 per hole ($80) and deck the block 1mm @ $85 so $165. I also had the head shaved 1mm which may have been included as I can't find the bill for it.

Looks like a broken version of autotempest. 

What happened with that site?...

Funny: I just tried it and I thought somehow it had read some whack zip code, from my laptop or something, I use just for kicks (90210= Beverly Hills), but its there by default! Lol  :rofl:

Only way to pack it with grease is to take it apart, fuck that. For the D-21 just pop it off and top it up with oil. Pull plugs and spin it over for 20 seconds. You should see oil oozing on the cam and the oil pressure light will go out briefly when the key is released from start..

sorry, i should have mentioned, its for the 93 s13 ka, internal oil pump, i read you can pack it with vasoline or assy. lube just to create initial suction 

I already told you I didn't want south of the border quality.

My guy comes extremely well recommended from all the local racers. 

hmmmmm,     rebuild l 16????????? for RVD

shoot me some numbers boss