• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

Late to the party, I know. But I call bullshit. 

There are to sides to Washington. The wet side and the dry side. 

Colored people on the West-that's moss. Colored people to the East of the mountains-Mexicans. 

Whitey's don't tan out here. Too much dust in the air to stay outside. I hate the wind.

you forgot about the Laplanders, the hidden bubble on the scan tron that nobody ever checks.

btw spray tanning is done indoors, but I can see how dust could contaminate the carrot juice

Can I use yours then?

B204A153-orig_zps79bac400.jpg

I just about collapsed a fuckin lung on that one, scared the dog sleeping by my feet half to death and woke up the baby.

• Like 1

sx-1050%20005_zps4jjdexph.jpg

This became

This,

took aboot a 1 1/2 hrs

pioneer%20sx-1050%20clean%20001_zps2birj

Picked up a bit ago, brought it back to life, Its going beside the g-9700

Go big

how much did you get it for? I got mine about 6 months ago for freakin $10, I still cant believe it.

• Like 1

so this happened today

IMG_20150307_154821039_zps8xbdpyep.jpg

IMG_20150307_154826453_zps1qph8ej1.jpg

any suggestions on how to get it re-seated?

any opinions on the wear on the cam? Should be ok right?

Ah, finally some pics in your build thread..

To re seat it, just loosen the adjusting nut on the opposite side until you can wiggle the rocker arm with your fingers. Turn the crank until the cam lobe is pointing straight up(to give you more clearance). When you have enough clearance, via the adjustment nut, simply lift the rocker arm off, turn the little pad 90 degrees and sit it back in. Now's a good time to check/adjust the rest of your valves as well. As long as you don't see any big gouges on the cam, it should be OK.

Ah, finally some pics in your build thread..

To re seat it, just loosen the adjusting nut on the opposite side until you can wiggle the rocker arm with your fingers. Turn the crank until the cam lobe is pointing straight up(to give you more clearance). When you have enough clearance, via the adjustment nut, simply lift the rocker arm off, turn the little pad 90 degrees and sit it back in. Now's a good time to check/adjust the rest of your valves as well. As long as you don't see any big gouges on the cam, it should be OK.

nothing on the lobe but the second pic shows a gouge right nest to the tower. I don't think it would be enough to throw the rotating mass off or nothing.

Thanks Micro

Or get a long screwdriver/pry bar. Slip it under the cam from the spark plug side, (but not on a cam lobe) and lift up on the handle end to pry down on the valve spring retainer to compress it. Slip the rocker back on. Now check ALL valve clearances to prevent this happening again.

Or get a long screwdriver/pry bar. Slip it under the cam from the spark plug side, (but not on a cam lobe) and lift up on the handle end to pry down on the valve spring retainer to compress it. Slip the rocker back on.

Good way to find yourself in an unpleasant situation. I've both slipped off the spring, giving myself a nice boo-boo as well as ejected the valve retainers this way.. luckily, the valve didn't drop. In a pinch, you can do it this way; just be careful.