• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

k6.jpg

here's a vintage computer moment for ya! this is my son in 1999 with a circa 1980 IBM "Portable" computer (damned thing weighed 40lbs) that cost me $5 at a yard sale. It was stamped "Property of US Army". The seller had a flatbed trailer with ten or fifteen of the same computers on it and all came with the same pile of floppies.

the keyboard actually attached to the base of the machine using the tabs you can see on it's edges. The monitor displayed orange lettering with no image capabilities. I kept it for about fifteen years. A few years ago, I put it on craigslist for $60 and it was gone in less than an hour.

k6.jpg

here's a vintage computer moment for ya! this is my son in 1999 with a circa 1980 IBM "Portable" computer (damned thing weighed 40lbs) that cost me $5 at a yard sale. It was stamped "Property of US Army". The seller had a flatbed trailer with ten or fifteen of the same computers on it and all came with the same pile of floppies.

the keyboard actually attached to the base of the machine using the tabs you can see on it's edges. The monitor displayed orange lettering with no image capabilities. I kept it for about fifteen years. A few years ago, I put it on craigslist for $60 and it was gone in less than an hour.

Vintage computer equipment sells for a lot.. people nerd out on this shit now days. You probably could have got a lot more for it.