Why does everyone Hate my 510 ?

Guest rondk1958

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I removed 9 nonsense replies to this. It sounds like the op has had a picture of his 510 posted here and no one liked it. Maybe it is the purple limo  It's vague and needs some more text and pictures.

OK I've cleaned this post up again because I really want to see this car. I don't want you buggers scaring the poster away.  :lol:  I can restore the comments at a later date.

Okay, here's from the op's profile.  Looks like three decent 510s, no Testarossa body kits thank god.  Not sure why the website is described as that, but anyway.

http://datsun-510testarossa.webs.com/

Sentence structure, spelling, and punctuation is severely lacking on the website, and none of the pictures are thumbnailed.  No large versions.  This makes me a sad panda. :(

http://datsun-510testarossa.webs.com/testarossa-build

Okay, here's from the op's profile.  Looks like three decent 510s, no Testarossa body kits thank god.  Not sure why the website is described as that, but anyway.

http://datsun-510testarossa.webs.com/

I think it was in a different part of site, here. http://damnitSealickyoubeatmetoitbyabout15seconds

We have probably all seen it at Canby and it's good to see more Easterm Wa representing,, Someone should coordinate a weekend campover in the TRI-cities as it's half way for alot of us up here.

• Like 1

rons%20510%202013_001.jpgTestarossa means red head or red headed in Italian.

Hmmmm I'm not sure about this

Nice color though, looks like euro '68 or early Canadian tail lights and the rims are tasteful. Don't care for the 'ground effects' skirt or whatever it's called, nor those fins but that's because I'm more purist when it comes to the body and can't see trying to make a 510 into something it's not. The work is well done even if I'm not a fan of what was done to this 510. Could be a few inches lower.

My 2cents.

The white-ish 510 on the 510testarossa site looks fine.

If I were googling ferarris, specifically 'testarossa' you could be sure of 2 things.

1. I'd have no taste in cars

2. I'd be fucking pissed to find a 510 being called a Testarossa

I bet that's where the hate comes from

Your car looks fine to me

My 2cents.

The white-ish 510 on the 510testarossa site looks fine.

If I were googling 510,  you could be sure of 2 things.

1. I'd have great taste in cars

2. I'd be fucking pissed to find a 510 being called a Testarossa

I bet that's where the hate comes from

Your car looks fine to me

"Check out my sweet new backpack guys!"

"That backpack sucks" "Yeah, so stupid.."

"Uh... ... ... YEAH! I hate this backpack. I just got it cuz it's SO STUPID. I thought everyone would think it was funny... Good one, huh guys.?"

I miss 3rd grade... haha

Does anyone know where I can find a testarossa body kit for my 510?

5125102.jpg

512510.jpg

Now THIS!!! Is far and away, absolutely hideous.

1344109101924.gif

Lol I don't hate Ferrari but I can honestly say I never liked the Testarossa and I never liked the 25th anniversary Countach when all my friends had those posters.

I was all, "what about the GTO and F40 and Miura and..."

• Like 1

I like everything about the car..... Aside from the Testarossa body kit....  The Eighties are over.  The fins didn't jive very well back then.  That's why you don't seem them on newer cars.  That said, rondk1958, it's your car, if you like it, then who cares what everyone else thinks.

• Like 1

I liked the car before the body kit but love the charcoal gray color

Yes...I like that colour.

Painted one of my 720s a similar 'shade'

Charcoal beige metallic........Looks black, grey or brown etc.....all relative to the amount of light...<...sunshine

ever post in here I have ever read hates on my  car

rondk1958,

You shouldn't really care on people "hating" your car.

It's your ride , and all that should matter is that YOU enjoy working on , driving in , and the pleasure of ownership of one of these fine cars.

I know some people don't share the same view/love/passion for my cars/Datsun's , but that's 100% fine as we all have that right.

I personally really don't care or lose much thought if someone doesn't like my stuff .... I just keep shifting + tapping the gas pedal with a grin on my face.

Taste's and trends change.

If not F@*K them all , and keep the Datsun road worthy , so you or someone you trust will be able to enjoy it in years to come.

That's what it's all about.

This is the internet after all , and everything is up for " wabbit season " on criticism of people's rides/anything... (including me).

So.... keep on keeping on ..... that's all that matters

No sweat.

David

• Like 3