Nissan IDx (new 510?)

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranman, did you drive to socal just to see it?

we went to so cal to see the Pete Brock interview with motoman 

it was a good excuse to take the 510 to LA 

I found out after we got there that the IDX was going to be there as well as John Morton 

got the inside of the glove box signed by both of them 

we also continued to San Diego for a weekend adventure we went to the  Midway air craft carrier and the whaley Haunted house 

• Like 2

for some reason i am actually excited about this now... i think a competetor for the FRS/BRZ would be nice, and if they stick to thier word on it, it COULD be good.

If they do what toyota did with the FRS, now that would be pretty grand. the FRS is the modern day (pre-86') Celica, pretty base, and quick, which is great for your average consumer, but with some mods, are flippin AWESOME! which is great for the modders of the world. thats why the FRS was such a huge hit!

now if they do this right, it COULD have the same effect, as the modern day S13. simple, good creature comforts, and just a little peppy off the get go, which once again is good for your average consumer. but with a few mods... BAM! you have a complete monster that is good at Drift/autocross/time attack/Drag/ect. Just as the Silvia Line, the Celica line was, and now the FRS IS!

and on a side note.... Am i the only one who thinks the Freeflow looks better??? well... if it had fender mirrors... and was lower.... on Hayashi 8 spokes....

Wow, thats freaking ridiculous, there is no logical reason whatsoever to put freaking 18 or 19 inch wheels on that. God these French morons would not know good car design if you dropped it on them!

Most new cars now days have a 17" or bigger wheel. I think anything smaller on these cars would look pretty lame.

17 is the perfect size for track cars up to 3100lbs, If it weighs more than that I give up on this thing anyway.

The perfect example of this is the GTR, it comes with 20 inch wheels, well anyone in the know who wants to go fast will put 18 inch wheels on it.

They oversize the crap out of wheels these days, the GTR actually looks better on the 18s regardless of if they perform better or not, which they do.

That actually looks a lot nicer.

I am still more interested in this as a reintroduction of the Silvia than I am a 510.

If they made some part of it out of carbon fiber, like major part, like a couple body panels, then that would actually embody the original 510 spirit a lot.

The original 510 brought a huge ammount of european features and handling for a bargain price. If they did that with the new IDX, they could easily embody that spirit of the original by including some stuff made of carbon like all the europeans are in what seems like every car now.

• Like 1

That actually looks a lot nicer.

I am still more interested in this as a reintroduction of the Silvia than I am a 510.

If they made some part of it out of carbon fiber, like major part, like a couple body panels, then that would actually embody the original 510 spirit a lot.

The original 510 brought a huge ammount of european features and handling for a bargain price. If they did that with the new IDX, they could easily embody that spirit of the original by including some stuff made of carbon like all the europeans are in what seems like every car now.

If they plan on keep the price in the mid to high $20k range I doubt you will see any carbon fiber because of cost.