I'm going to be honest here

Want to throw this out there. I know I am fairly new and no nothing about the Ratsun versus NW Datsuns in the past. Hell I don't even know about the bullshit with the classifieds. What I do know is posted something for sale on the Ratsun Facebook page.... in return I get shit talking, and links thrown at me showing where to buy it from a cheaper source. All of this by what appears to be a moderator... I am done. I will no longer be using Ratsun for anything. 

I have met a lot of good people here. I will be here for a couple of days... if you need to stay in contact me for any reason that is why I will be here. Let me know and I will let you know how to stay in touch. I have nothing to offer this site so my services are not needed. Its been a fun ride... thanks Ratsun.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I NEVER have been to the f/b page. To do that I would actually have to join f/b and that's never going to happen.

To my knowledge ratsun does not have an officially sanctioned facebook page.

Are you sure it's a ratsun moderator? Or just someone running that page?  Anyone can start a f/b page and call it ratsun. Need more info..

You are always welcome here.

• Like 2

facebook sucks 

dont blame ratsun for the facebook problem 

but if ya gotta go then you gotta go 

there are shit talkers everywhere and ratsun, facebook ,nwdatsuns ,all included 

hell even craigslist gets bad responses 

I hope you change your mind and stay but if you dont we will miss you 

IBTL 

• Like 4

I messaged Mike. I will publicly apologize. I was under the assumption that the Facebook page was ran by the same as the actual site. I was wrong.. I messaged Mike and he got back to me immediately. 

1. Mods - if you want to delete this feel free, if you want it to stay - I understand that too

2. Sorry guys - looks like you are stuck with me, well.......................... forever

• Like 8

What I do know is posted something for sale on the Ratsun Facebook page.... in return I get shit talking, and links thrown at me showing where to buy it from a cheaper source. All of this by what appears to be a moderator... I am done.

Hooligan,

I am on NWdatsuns and Ratsun equally.

I've had that exact same experience here by a member named Bxxdxxn .. who is well known for making himself "known" that way... and has been banned a lot lol. I had put up an SR20DET trans for sale ... said member posted a link to under-cutting me (in-accurately) with a snide/smearing colorful comment .... one report to datzenmike (since I was done with people that day) and he took care of if lightening quick. I know for a fact datzenmike won't tolerate that shit here. After that ... Said member got pissy and started talking smack via pm's called me a few things (which I don't care)....simple fix I (added) included 2 admin's and 1 member to the conversation .... said nothing more in the email .... he stuck his tail between his legs and back-tracked fast. This member had done it quite a few times before this and other talking shit comments lol. I hold my own in person , but on here it's a bit different when you're having a bad day lol :) .

Failbook is not the place to be my friend !

That was that and I was singing my tune the rest of the night :D

David

• Like 4

Hooligan, I don't see anything on the Ratsun.net FB page (I'm a moderator) like what you described. But if you'd like me to look into it and handle it, just PM me here... I don't know what moderator you 'might' be having an issue with, but I'm curious...

As far as the Ratsun.net vs Nwdatsuns thing... it's no competition. I love both. You just have two different groups of people who disagree about the way things should be handled, so they went opposite ways. 

I've been on Ratsun for somewhere around 4 years I think and I can tell you it's changed a lot. A lot of the old guard is gone leaving the forum to a very select group of people. Hell, I don't even frequent the forum anymore like I used to. Maybe I'm just bored, or maybe it's because I'm busy. Hell, I don't really know. But still, I love Ratsun..it's a great community. 

Stick around man, give it some time. I know you seem to be frustrated a bit with the way it's been going, but that's just the way of the world sometimes. This site is great and full of information. It has a lot to offer YOU. Even if you don't post, stick around. I promise you won't regret it. 

• Like 4

I NEVER have been to the f/b page. To do that I would actually have to join f/b and that's never going to happen.

To my knowledge ratsun does not have an officially sanctioned facebook page.

Are you sure it's a ratsun moderator? Or just someone running that page?  Anyone can start a f/b page and call it ratsun. Need more info..

You are always welcome here.

Just FYI Mike, Pumpkin aka Slick started the Ratsun FB page. moderated by me and a few other good Ratsun guys including Bonvo, etc. 

• Like 1