If No Datsun

If there were no Datsuns eek which mini-truck would you prefer?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If there were no Datsuns eek which mini-truck would you prefer?

• Chevy Luv
    • Toyota HiLux
    • Mazda Rotory
    • Mazda B-Series
    • Dodge D-50
    • Chevy S-10
    • Ford Courier
    • Isuzu
    • Ford Ranger
    • Youd rather walk than own anything else

If you were gonna get another mini truck what would you get. Personally I would love to have a mazda rotory:D

• Toyota HiLux
  • Mazda Rotory
  • Dodge D50
  • Chevy Luv
  • Chevy S-10
  • Ford Courier
  • Mazda B series
  • Ford Ranger

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like the look of the first courier. should have broken this up into 70's vs 80's or import vs domestic or mini vs mid. i would consider the ranger and s-10 mid sized trucks. no offense good poll idea.

the wife and i have a 2nd and 3rd gen jetta's. iv'e always been curious about the vw truck. i notice it's not on the list and neither is the brat. now those were mini trucks.

if i were picking a mid sized truck today it would have to be a dakota sport.

if i didn't have my datsun i would still be searching for a truck like my old one. it was a 79 'Yota Hilux 3/4 ton longbed. 20R 4spd. not a single dent or rust spot. the ONLY flaw was the drivers seat was ripped. didn't leak or anything and passed emissions with flying colors. never should have sold it. :(

Definitely the REPU. My favorite next to the 521(sorry). Also the B1600 is almost as cool as the repu and then the ford courier 2 headlight version. Early Toyota hilux are cool. I had a 79 with a 20r that was killer. I also later had a 720 single cab because I liked it more than the 84+ toyota body style,but then I discovered the 521.:fu:Hands down the sexiest damn truck ever made. I dont know what I would do without it.

if i didn't have my datsun i would still be searching for a truck like my old one. it was a 79 'Yota Hilux 3/4 ton longbed. 20R 4spd. not a single dent or rust spot. the ONLY flaw was the drivers seat was ripped. didn't leak or anything and passed emissions with flying colors. never should have sold it. :(

I too owned a 79 toyota 2wd longbed. 20r 5speed. That was a sweet ass tuff truck:D

Ohh! A Dodge Rampage!

I actually liked those as a kid. Mainly because they had one in the showroom when my Dad bought his (now departed) van in 1983. Then again, I liked Chevy Citations when I was a kid too... Not so great once I actually HAD one. No accounting for taste, I guess (well, an X-11 would still be pretty cool in a big-hair sort of way).

The guy down the street just sold his very nice looking 77 620 pickup for a Dodge Rampage. (Because they only made them for a couple years, he said.) He's missing some front teeth, kinda figures, eh? :)

But I would take a 76 Ford Courier (Mazda 1800 p/u) if there were no Datsuns. That was my first truck, and it was a blast. If I could have found it after my parents sold it a few years ago, I would have bought it back, rust and all.