If No Datsun

If there were no Datsuns eek which mini-truck would you prefer?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If there were no Datsuns eek which mini-truck would you prefer?

• Chevy Luv
    • Toyota HiLux
    • Mazda Rotory
    • Mazda B-Series
    • Dodge D-50
    • Chevy S-10
    • Ford Courier
    • Isuzu
    • Ford Ranger
    • Youd rather walk than own anything else

well i omitted the toyota choice as i already have a 79 longbed 4x4 a 78 short bed and a 75 SR5

but until recently i didnt know there were early 70's mazda pickups with rotary eng's, sweet bulbous fenders and 4 headlights with heavy ass doors that close like a ford/chev.

my friends dad has one in 99%mint condition just sitting in his yard, he's gonna yard the eng for a stupid air plane then junk the rest. and he wont give me the chassis cuz he says he needs the title for the eng:eek:

im almost crying just thinking about it, that truck would be 4 kinds of sex slammed with 18+'s

mazdarotary.jpg

but in all honesty if i couldnt have a yota id have a 620kc:fu:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my friends dad has one in 99%mint condition just sitting in his yard, he's gonna yard the eng for a stupid air plane then junk the rest. and he wont give me the chassis cuz he says he needs the title for the eng

mazdarotary.jpg

Sorry, but wtf does "yard the engine" mean? :confused:

Why does he need a title for an engine? Even if that's true, those trucks aren't all that common. Best to keep it in one piece and get another engine, but, if not, at least part it out rather than crush it. Sheesh! :mad:

in terms of a truck i would love to have a chevy luv pick up my grandpa has one that my dad drove forever my only beef is the collar that the t/o bearing goes on is plastic :blink:

luv.jpg my grandpas was painted silver with house paint:blink: i never said he was intelignet

in terms of a car im not sure on a year but i know its an early celica

oldcelica.jpg

yard the eng = yank it out

he will not give/sell the chassis, i even sent him to some mazda boards (tho there arnt many nor are they popular for the old trucks). and ive tried telling him that he could sell the truck as is and buy 3-4 rx7's with the cash. but he doesnt believe me.:confused:

this is makin me sad, i shall no longer discuss this truck, and im going back to thinking of yota's:D

bonvo-

that is a 71-74 celica, what makes that car even sexier is there was a GTV version that was a dual overhead cam 160hp 4-banger (18rg) in 72, tho that motor never came to the states in production.

Repu for sure, 5:13 rear gears and it goes like stink as my engines teacher use to tell us in class!!!

In fact I know of a few of them in sacto county but there all going for big money, there is actually one in the stockton pnp the other day, one side was smashed but the tailights were still there and the interior was intact, someone had shoved a piston motor in it probably just to get her running to get the california tax rebate on old cars and truck.

btw anyone know of an 20B for sale??

conrad

20B620

70-72 Toyota Hilux.... bought a 70 new and put 80+ miles on it before I traded for a new 72. Of course, it would have to have a moderately built 22R and 5 spd. Also had a 74 Toyota longbed, that I drove from 74 to 82. Not to worry, my first small truck was a 66 520. But the toys were a lot of fun, too.