Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hm.. if it were me, I'd think it might be easier to remove that sunken slab. lay new foundation in that corner, and back fill the sunken spot with new concrete. But, I'm not a contractor and my opinion is therefore almost worthless. 

Hobo, I really don't see much can be saved there. Truing up that foundation would be like putting lipstick on a pig IMO. The masonry bricks used as should be sitting on a solid foundation minimum of 18" deep with rebar extending through the brick, and then the brick filled with cement. It looks like the floor was not reenforced with rebar so it's buckling like a Rits cracker. If I were you, I'd start over.

Looks like the water degraded your base. Made a nice void it did.

If the slab has rebar in it then you can jack the corner up and put down some new split rock under it. That's a major sinking issue you got though. I have seen worse on homes though.

• Like 1

Plans are somewhat, lift building and redo foundation. Plan on doing the corner that is sunken with a good 20 inch slab so I can put a two post lift there. It'll take time but it'll eventually get there. Starting with the foundation, move on to the roof and then do the walls and electircal

• Like 1

This is so fucking true!!! I went and saw the original and enjoyed it. Haven't given one fuck about all the shit after it. Fuck the Star Wars franchise, up the ass, hard.

Quote...

"So I want to set the story straight. Isis is a Goddess of Life, Death and Rebirth. Isis is not a terrorist organization."

28bc88b48c73c97f3152f2add360f07a.jpg

You fuckin' dick. The FBI just took us off the words watch list for using  911,  terrorist(s), second amendment, IUD, pressure (cooker), gubberment, confederate, black (wire), illegal,

Kool, I worship Ullr the Norse God of snow, skiing, archery and hunting.

I worship Nihon Sangyo

• Like 2

Over permit your panel so you can add circuits later.

that was part of the plan. Rewire the entire building, replace all the outlets and fixtures, add in provisions for a welder, projector, sound system and redo the compressor room. Going to add that to the foundation and put in a door to the outside for it.

Fixing the shop will coat me a lot to get it where I want it including an actual garage door instead of the rollers it has now and a sign for the inside. I want to make it into a private hobby shop where people can come and work on their projects. Make myself a little money in the process

• Like 2

20151013_150500.jpg

20151013_150531.jpg

20151013_150451.jpg

20151013_150520.jpg

20151013_150539.jpg

Phone was pointed slightly upwards in the last picture

I think we can safely assume a gate to hell is opening. You should fix it or expect demons like in "the gate" to show up.

I'd support the building, cut and demo all of that sunk concrete, drive three or four shoring piers to 10ish feet, then re-pour. It's not a bad building from what I see.

• Like 1

[im] prectical advice, but it may save your butt!  Drill twice as far down as the advice you have been given and use the largest rebar you can find!  I have an extreme size sample of number 18 rebar [you don't have to go that far, it was used for ICBM launcher and command capsule construction], and use hydraulic cement to backfill the hole.  The Romans used if very Many centuries ago and their structures are still standing and useable!

I think we can safely assume a gate to hell is opening. You should fix it or expect demons like in "the gate" to show up.

I'd support the building, cut and demo all of that sunk concrete, drive three or four shoring piers to 10ish feet, then re-pour. It's not a bad building from what I see.

[im] prectical advice, but it may save your butt!  Drill twice as far down as the advice you have been given and use the largest rebar you can find!  I have an extreme size sample of number 18 rebar [you don't have to go that far, it was used for ICBM launcher and command capsule construction], and use hydraulic cement to backfill the hole.  The Romans used if very Many centuries ago and their structures are still standing and useable!

all in due time, need some money for all of it first

Nihon Sangyo..... It was shortened for use on the stock exchange. Can you guess what it is?

I assume Ni-San, but that may be to obvious. I remember wiki reading Nippon Sangyo was where Nissans name came from and thought it funny that a double p became a double s.