Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I've been marking wet spots in my shop so my buddy can bring his project in and work without getting wet.

This happened

The bigger question.... What puts a dick shaped leak in a roof....... hmmmmmm??

• Like 1

Not me . permits are a nightmare .  i would much rather spend time dinking around with my home repairs without any county govermental involvement ,,, ever.... You would be surprised at what they will make you fix just to check off your new building... Building over existing concrete slab  is probably not an option with them since there is probably no record of how thick it is in the middle.

What you need is a tape measure , square , chop saw ,, and an air nail gun ( full size not some dinky ass Harbor freight POS),  you would be surprised at how much you can fix with enough nails and lumber.

• Like 4

If the foundation is shot, chances are the building is not worth saving. You can pour a new perimeter foundation under the building, but that is a BIG job to save a little structure. If you can do it without permits DO IT by all means necessary, but do it to code all the same.