Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

teen drinking accident or what? Sucks that they died but that thing is totalled

that was the initial word but it turned out just to be bad luck.

"I was behind this car the night it happened and remember it well. I had a 69 Roadrunner back then and we had all been making our rounds that night. The Camaro was a 1969 Z-28 with a 302 and it was racing a Ford p/up truck of 1950's vintage.

As we topped the hill, I backed out of it because of the traffic light ahead. The Camaro was slightly ahead and hit his brakes just as the truck was changing lanes.

The truck clipped the bumper of the Z-28 and it simply went into the air sideways. I estimate they were going around 90=95 mph because I was still doing 80 and slowing down.

The car slid on it's passenger side right into the pole instantly knocking out the power in the area. The sound was like a sonic boom. The truck slid just off the road onto the sidewalk.

The two boys were 16 and 15 years old, the driver lived in Hixson and the passenger lived near the lake off of Kings Point road if I recall. I know their names but out of respect to the families will not post them.

The driver was hanging half out of the car and the passenger was bunched up in the floor and no, there are no remains in the car. They were both removed and taken to East Ridge Hospital. Other than being bloody, they were intact and really did not look that bad.

I remember the headlights were still on and the radio was playing and that made it kind of spooky.

The fire department pried open the trunk and tore into the back seat to see if anyone was in the back seat in spite of us telling them nobody else was in the car. The wrecker tried several times to pull the car off the pole with no luck. They cut it top and bottom leaving what you see today."

http://sceniccity.proboards.com/thread/26916/mostellers-camaro

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

who makes that lift?  I can't find anyone making one like that.  I like the concept a lot.  

Rotary, or at least that's what the feet of the lift arms say. It is an old design. A Chevy dealer I used to work in still had a couple of those lifts with those wall mounted controls. They were over 40 years old and still worked well. Every shop I ever worked in had Rotary lifts.

An above ground 2 post lift would be a helluva lot cheaper to buy and install..  My neighbor installed his himself and i believe it was $3000. delivered ( about 8 years ago).  I can't imagine what a company would even charge for setting a rotory up but i bet it would be substantial

• Like 1

Are you knocking the only ones who make it still? Where is my Made In IntrovertConcedica model anyway.

But really, I need to not have two posts permanently erected in my garage. My wife would silently disapprove. And frankly, so do I. I have many uses for my garage aside from swapping trannies. The thought of everything basically flush to the floor give me a hardon.