The United States and YOUR Brake fluid.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not just the color, its the performance per dollar, Its damn hard to find an equally well performing fluid for $15 a liter.

I am very angry about this, because the reason they outlawed it is cause its fuckin blue.

Dying brake fluid will hurt the structure, frankly I dont care about the color so much, except that it makes it easier to bleed, I usually use Super blue, then type 200, then super blue, and that way when the color changes I know all the old stuff is gone.

There is no reason for this shit to be illegal. Continental (who supplies it) tried to buy back every can on the shelves in the US.

Yeah, antifreeze solutions are occassionaly blue.  Especially alcohol; based ones.  That way antifreeze can be sent to Russia, bleached and resold as cheap vodka.

Yeah Honda Type II is blue, so Continentals reasoning on this is absolutely BULLSHIT.

Also you got that a little backwards Mike, they dye grain alcohol blue, then ship it over as coolant, or washer fluid, then remove the blue and sell it as vodka. There was an NBC thing a few years back about it I think.

Its not just the color, its the performance per dollar, Its damn hard to find an equally well performing fluid for $15 a liter.

I am very angry about this, because the reason they outlawed it is cause its fuckin blue.

Dying brake fluid will hurt the structure, frankly I dont care about the color so much, except that it makes it easier to bleed, I usually use Super blue, then type 200, then super blue, and that way when the color changes I know all the old stuff is gone.

There is no reason for this shit to be illegal. Continental (who supplies it) tried to buy back every can on the shelves in the US.

You know they ahve fluid that performs just as well, thats normal color, this one was just the blue color..honestly.

• Like 1

that sucks that some people really like it and it is discontinued for BS reasons 

I have never used it but I can tell old fluid from new fluid without the aid of blue color 

although I am sure it would be easier with the aid of color 

I use dot 4 or better synthetic blend 

Not to condone the whining of this post, but the Super Blue fluid does have a great boiling point, supposedly.  Here's the breakdown of the different versions of brake fluid, 5.1 being the best option for highest wet boiling point.

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-support/technical-white-papers/brake-fluid

• Like 1

Not to condone the whining of this post, but the Super Blue fluid does have a great boiling point, supposedly.  Here's the breakdown of the different versions of brake fluid, 5.1 being the best option for highest wet boiling point.

this is the most useful post in this thread 

I question whether someone driving a civic si or an 84 maxima requires a boiling point above what Walmart Supertech brake fluid can deliver.

• Like 5

Oh shit no more blue blinker fluid!!!! FUCK!

Seriously like i said, we discussed this on sr20 forum, they have a fluid, thats the same boiling point as super blue, thats normal color, the onlyt hing about the blue is its blue, the company makes the EXACT SAME FLUID REGULAR COLOR, does all the same shit.  But people think blue omfg that makes it better.

but seriously though, banning it over color is pretty fucking stupid, it did look cool, i used it and switched with the non blue one when bleeding my brake system, and like i said, same exact damn fluid. 

I question whether someone driving a civic si or an 84 maxima requires a boiling point above what Walmart Supertech brake fluid can deliver.

Try driving your cars harder. But please feel obliged also to take your car on the track with supertech fluid in it :sneaky: , I guarantee it will work AWESOME!! And dont bother with DOT4, that is just a needless waste, just use good ol DOT 3, problem solved. Ugh, people......

Did you ever think that maybe for the price it is a better fluid?, I dont run cheap garbage oil? why would I run Supertech brake fluid? Especially when a can of supertech costs $4 for 355ml, and Super blue is 1000ml for 14.99, which makes them nearly the same price. Oh, wait ATE is $3 more, wooooooooo. Again, for the same price as Supertech, why wouldnt I run an actual good product?, a product that Porsche has chosen to use at the factory for some cars.?

I will stay with my ATE. Do you even use your brakes hard enough in traffic to need DOT4? Fuck no, almost nobody does. But why put shit in when you sould use REAL fluids? I used to use MOTUL, before I switched to blue, look the price up on the CHEAPEST MOTUL.

Oh shit no more blue blinker fluid!!!! FUCK!

Seriously like i said, we discussed this on sr20 forum, they have a fluid, thats the same boiling point as super blue, thats normal color, the onlyt hing about the blue is its blue, the company makes the EXACT SAME FLUID REGULAR COLOR, does all the same shit.  But people think blue omfg that makes it better.

but seriously though, banning it over color is pretty fucking stupid, it did look cool, i used it and switched with the non blue one when bleeding my brake system, and like i said, same exact damn fluid. 

Exactly, Type 200 is almost the exact same fluid. As I said I use both. I alternate so it is easy to tell when all the fluid is bled from the color change.

It honestly seems that they "interpreted" the law. It doesnt seem like anyone actually twisted their arm to do it. Seems like they are covering their ass so nobody accidentally uses the fluid wrong and sues them. As I said, Honda Type II coolant is blue, Honda would have to stop selling that by the same logic.

I will still use Type 200, so really the only effect I will see is that I wont have the easily visible color change when I bleed every year. Not a huge deal honestly, but banning something specifically because of the color makes me pretty angry and annoyed. I mean its just ANOTHER dumb thing we have to put up with because of our dumb ass government. I keep forgetting that we are all sheeple to them. Sorry if I am annoyed, I just thought this was a like, a forum where people could, like, ya know, vent their frustrations with a product that has to do with our hobby.

I feel like Randy Marsh "isnt this America? I thought we were in America? this isnt America?"