Thanks Japan, Radioactive Waste Released into the Pacific Ocean

Saw this a few days ago and thought it would have been posted. This is pretty messed up especially for people that live right on coast of California & Oregon.

http://nationalreport.net/breaking-fukushima-crisis-escalates-tons-radioactive-waste-released-pacific-causes-ocean-boil/

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this a few days ago and thought it would have been posted. This is pretty messed up especially for people that live right on coast of California & Oregon.

http://nationalreport.net/breaking-fukushima-crisis-escalates-tons-radioactive-waste-released-pacific-causes-ocean-boil/

I personally think that West Coasters have more to fear from the Hansen Washington waste dump leaks!

• Like 2
Guest Rick-rat

WTF is the Hansen, Wa. waste dump leaks?  Where in the hell is Hansen?, some secret city that no one knows anything about? Also no government is going to tell the truth about any released radiation in any country

WTF is the Hansen, Wa. waste dump leaks?  Where in the hell is Hansen?, some secret city that no one knows anything about? Also no government is going to tell the truth about any released radiation in any country

Hell its hanford not hansen lol. And i thought most people knew about handford and its issues they have had over the years. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanford_Site

If there is a hansen (other than the band which i know is very vile as well) then we really are all fucked. 

Maybe so, I seen it in a few other places so if its a hoax then the joke is on me.

The site is sort of a non-funny Onion wannabe with trollish tendencies.

http://wonkette.com/505189/here-is-a-funny-joke-say-that-john-waters-died-but-really-hes-alive-get-it

Edit: Sorry not trying to be too rough on you for posting it. I'm just kinda grumpy this weekend and I have a very sensitive bullshit detector for this type of stuff. A big part of my job involves acting as a filter against crap published by other people.

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 2

Hell its hanford not hansen lol. And i thought most people knew about handford and its issues they have had over the years. 

You are correct!  I apologise for too rapid finger motion.  I forget which, Big Boy or Little Man, fuel was originally processed there.

However, Hiroshima and Nagasaki saved more lives on both sides than an invasion.  Have you ever seen the landscape a few miles inland from the beaches in Japan?  I spent a whole summer in the mountains North of Sakata and just crapped over the toll it would have taken on both sides to clear that territory.  Thankfully, all we had to manage was how to get enough beer up the slopes of Chokai San to last the summer.  The chief porter was 80 years old and his son was 65!  I would have bet that PapaSan was 45 and that his son was 20!  Hard work and a good diet makes for longevity [and a really mean home defense force].

Don't kid youself hundreds of thousands will die from the fukishima radiation. Its already wiped out the fisheries by 50percent. It will hit us on the west coast just as hard as Japan. Don't eat Pacific fish. Nuclear energy could have been harmless but the fuckers wanted the waste for weapons.

• Like 1

A side note to all this discussion.  Japan reprocesses all it's nuclear power station spent fuel.  The stated reason is to have the fuel for the next generation of nuclear power plants.  What's the reprocessed fuel?  Plutonium.  Hope their storage facilities are of a better design than their power plants.  Plutonium could certainly be a renewable source for next generation power plants, you can breed up generating more fuel than you consume, breed neutral equaling out consumption and renewabled, or breed down ending up with zero high level residuals.  OR if Kim Yong Il gets more insane it would be very conceivable for Japan to build the other kind of Nukes!

Plutonium is the only thing they reprocess it into, and that is only used for weapons. Death, destruction, and doom, weapons.

oh yeah, if you need a low power source for like 50 years in space it works for that too, but there is no planet based productive use for the stuff. Just destruction. Funny how we claim nuke proliferation is over, and how we claim we're not making nukes anymore

edit: okay if you get a new pace maker thats another thing, but if I need one, you aint puttin some plutonium in my chest!.

But we process plutonium all the time and just store it. That is just as bad honestly. they bomb only takes a short time to make.

Our country can make the bombs, make the plutonium, and not assemble the two and say they have no new weapons.

They can reprocess it all they want, but it never goes away, it never will. they will reprocess it and re weaponize it and shove it in a mountain and forget about it.

If it wasnt for Nuclear proliferation we would have clean and virtually free nuclear energy via thorium. The reason we abandoned Thorium, and we did abandon it, We were the ones who invented the theory on thorium, and tested it, and it was incredibly viable, and with a few more years of research would have produced free viable power.

But do you know why we canceled Thorium nuclear power?

Because it couldnt produce Plutonium for weapons. so its useless to our war mongering country.

Now conversely China has one of the smallest stock of Nukes in the world, they hate nuclear weapons, they hate that they exist. but they have a small stock of them that they have sworn to use only under the most dire circumstances.

Well, they are giving up (as they should) on Uranium power, cause its wasteful, and its old, and it frankly sucks and theres more problems than reasonable solutions.

And they are TAKING ALL OF OUR OLD RESEARCH TO DEVELOP NATIONAL THORIUM POWER.

CHINA

Yes, China, in the next 10 years, will lead the entire planet technologically with Thorium nuclear.

That could have been us 40 years ago, but were ignorant, and have the worst military industrial complex on the planet.

Might I also add that the worst nuclear diasaster in US history happened in Simi Valley, CA, so all you LA folkes have gotten the highest dose of radiation in the US for the last 40 years. According  researchers, the toxic release was 260 times what was at TMI.

look up "sodium reactor experiment"

The unfortunate truth is that we are just as bad as the Russians when it comes to "Nuclear safety".

Plutonium is the only thing they reprocess it into, and that is only used for weapons. Death, destruction, and doom, weapons.

oh yeah, if you need a low power source for like 50 years in space it works for that too, but there is no planet based productive use for the stuff. Just destruction. Funny how we claim nuke proliferation is over, and how we claim we're not making nukes anymore

edit: okay if you get a new pace maker thats another thing, but if I need one, you aint puttin some plutonium in my chest!.

But we process plutonium all the time and just store it. That is just as bad honestly. they bomb only takes a short time to make.

Our country can make the bombs, make the plutonium, and not assemble the two and say they have no new weapons.

They can reprocess it all they want, but it never goes away, it never will. they will reprocess it and re weaponize it and shove it in a mountain and forget about it.

If it wasnt for Nuclear proliferation we would have clean and virtually free nuclear energy via thorium. The reason we abandoned Thorium, and we did abandon it, We were the ones who invented the theory on thorium, and tested it, and it was incredibly viable, and with a few more years of research would have produced free viable power.

But do you know why we canceled Thorium nuclear power?

Because it couldnt produce Plutonium for weapons. so its useless to our war mongering country.

Now conversely China has one of the smallest stock of Nukes in the world, they hate nuclear weapons, they hate that they exist. but they have a small stock of them that they have sworn to use only under the most dire circumstances.

Well, they are giving up (as they should) on Uranium power, cause its wasteful, and its old, and it frankly sucks and theres more problems than reasonable solutions.

And they are TAKING ALL OF OUR OLD RESEARCH TO DEVELOP NATIONAL THORIUM POWER.

CHINA

Yes, China, in the next 10 years, will lead the entire planet technologically with Thorium nuclear.

That could have been us 40 years ago, but were ignorant, and have the worst military industrial complex on the planet.

Why this is a big deal escapes me entirely other than the fact that everyone freaks the fuck out whenever China does anything even remotely modern.

India has been the forerunner in Thorium energy utilization since the late 50's.

China is still building their FIRST GODDAMN AIRCRAFT CARRIER.

Hmmm, the worlds LARGEST industrial polluter is thinking about using Thorium as a clean(er) alternative power source which will most likely still be used in part with Plutonium. Well isn't that fucking marvelous? We should buy them a puppy and plant sunflowers in our yards, cuz it's all gonna be all right.

• Like 3

Might I also add that the worst nuclear diasaster in US history happened in Simi Valley, CA, so all you LA folkes have gotten the highest dose of radiation in the US for the last 40 years. According  researchers, the toxic release was 260 times what was at TMI.

look up "sodium reactor experiment"

The unfortunate truth is that we are just as bad as the Russians when it comes to "Nuclear safety".

Let's not forget that the US Navy conducted a nuclear depth charge test just to the West of San Diego.  Too bad the wind was blowing to the East that day.