510 for racing

Hey guys and gals, I was playing Forza 4 recently and I have multiple 510s that I use for drifting/racing. This got me wanting a 510 for racing. That and my uncle had one. I have a few questions. Will I be able to find a busted one that doesn't run for insanely cheap? Can someone 6'7 fit with the stock seat height (I am getting racing seats, but I'm not sure if I'll have to mount them to the floor)? Also how easy are these to work on? I want to swap a ka24de and do some suspension work. Thanks for your time!

• Like 1
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys and gals, I was playing Forza 4 recently and I have multiple 510s that I use for drifting/racing. This got me wanting a 510 for racing. That and my uncle had one. I have a few guestions. Will I be able to find a busted one that doesn't run for insanely cheap? Can someone 6'7 fit with the stock seat height (I am getting racing seats, but I'm not sure if I'll have to mount them to the floor)? Also how easy are these to work on? I want to swap a ka24de and do some suspension work. Thanks for your time!

the only person i can honestly rule out is Jrock  cuz ( almost ) everything is spelled correctly..

:lol:

lol an insanely cheap 510.  Good luck. I've come across a few over the years, now and then they still pop up. Be patient.  But, from experience... If you buy a cheap shit box cuz thats all you can afford, then don't bother. They take time, patience, a lot of work, and a good chunk of change.  Then again, you could get lucky and swoop up something cheap that just needs minimal work... Patience and luck is all ya need.

lol an insanely cheap 510.  Good luck. I've come across a few over the years, now and then they still pop up. Be patient.  But, from experience... If you buy a cheap shit box cuz thats all you can afford, then don't bother. They take time, patience, a lot of work, and a good chunk of change.  Then again, you could get lucky and swoop up something cheap that just needs minimal work... Patience and luck is all ya need.

I'm thinking a grand or two. I don't wat to have nice paint or anything just incase something happens

Im thinking RX7 to destroy would be betterI want to swap a ka24de and do some suspension work.Will I be able to find a busted one that doesn't run for insanely cheap?= oxymoron

I want a pre 1975 car. This will have no cat or mufflers. Plus the rx7 is not my style.

So am I too tall to fit?

Why dont you find someone local and sit in one? Everyones legs and torsos are different lengths, even at the same height. If youre really going to make a racecar, then modifying a seat lower or farther back shouldnt be a problem for you. 

So am I too tall to fit? I would take any 510. I prefer the coupe, but any is fine

Hahahha you're gonna get flamed.

Coupe is a rare car...  Never find one anywhere near 1-2 grand. more like 20+. The sedan 2door is wat u mean.

• Like 1

Hahahha you're gonna get flamed. Coupe is a rare car...  Never find one anywhere near 1-2 grand. more like 20+. The sedan 2door is wat u mean.

I'm very new to Datsun so I have no idea which is which as far as the coupe and sedan go. Thanks for the info

Ps I think I like the 2 door sedan better.

I would go for the coupe myself,, being it`s not the American version it is sometimes less desirable and therefore a bit cheaper,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  sometimes .. And if you need extra room install one of these from the home depot.. We used one in a chopped top b210 fastback once and it worked perfectly.

home-design_zps1ca218f3.jpg

• Like 2

I would go for the coupe myself,, being it`s not the American version it is sometimes less desirable .. And if you need extra room install one of these from the home depot.. We used one in a chopped top b210 fastback once and it worked perfectly.  home-design_zps1ca218f3.jpg

haha that's awesome! I'd probably mount the seat to the floor.

Here's my whole plan. Stripped interior, race seat, hayashi racing wheels, over fenders, roll cage, suspension?, lexan windows, custom spoilers (front and rear), ka24de swap, itb's, custom exhaust, and tow hooks. That's about it for now. I dot know how long this will take or how hard it will be.

all the 2 doors were smashed by guys like you who wanted to race themas for the Ad in Org county what the guy wrote:PLEASE DON'TWASTE MY TIME IF YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT THESE CARS.Well he dont know either otherwise it would be running and better than what he has it for sale.

I blame Nissan for everyone wanting 2 doors to race. If it wasn't for that one red/white/blue one no one would care about racing them

I'm 6'3 and have a few inches of head room in my 510, leg room is minimal though. My k eyes almost hit the steering wheel.

A cheap pl510 doesn't exist anymore, 20 years ago you could get one but not now.

For 2k you should be able to get a running driving car any where but cali, so good luck

I'm 6'3 and have a few inches of head room in my 510, leg room is minimal though. My k eyes almost hit the steering wheel.

A cheap pl510 doesn't exist anymore, 20 years ago you could get one but not now.

For 2k you should be able to get a running driving car any where but cali, so good luck

I have found many 240z's for sale. I guess it's between those 2. How balanced would a z be? 

Hey guys and gals, I was playing Forza 4 recently and I have multiple 510s that I use for drifting/racing. This got me wanting a 510 for racing. That and my uncle had one. I have a few questions. Will I be able to find a busted one that doesn't run for insanely cheap? Can someone 6'7 fit with the stock seat height (I am getting racing seats, but I'm not sure if I'll have to mount them to the floor)? Also how easy are these to work on? I want to swap a ka24de and do some suspension work. Thanks for your time!

I have found many 240z's for sale. I guess it's between those 2. How balanced would a z be?

You want to 'race' a 510 because you 'raced' one on a video game????? Your questions show you know nothing about them. This will end up very bad for some poor 510. Please......

• Like 1

I found this http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/3880353975.html. Ok so that answers one question. The others are still awaiting answers

LMFAO 3k for a rolling chassis???? FUCK YOU LENO!!! anyway at almost 7 feet tall your gonna have issues fitting in one im just a hair over 6 foot and i have to have my mr2 seats(which sit lower then stock) all the way back on the rails and my legs are still a little uncomfortable and with the lower mr2 seats i have a little more head room but my head was touching the headliner with the stock seat granted all of this is in a 2 door 610 but interior dimensions are about the same as the 510 as for finding a cheap one its possible yes but you have to remember you get what you pay for you say you want to get one because of forza you do realize that the way the car preforms in a video game is nothing like how they preform in reality right? not to mention some of the swaps they let you do are damn near impossible awd rb26 in a 510 give me a break there was an rb stuffed in a 510 once that i know of and it was quickly destroyed 

• Like 1

I'm 6'6 and have the body of a Greek god, the looks of a youthful Brad Pitt, and the charm and charisma of your average used car salesman.

I found Yoga and Pilates was an excellent way to get my statuesque body into any Datsun!

Gotta say, I think a Volvo would be more suitable for you methinks.