'71 (or 2) 521. sitting 11 years

tr8er

I just found this in the back of a storage facility.  I'm tracking down the owner.  What do you all think I should offer.  Range is fine.  Some rust, nothing major on exterior.  Never a show car, but a great cruiser/DD.  Give me your opinion.  

IMG_6494-1.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks nice and straight and just needs to be cleaned, start at 300 bucks and then go accordingly to owners reaction, here in the valley theres straight junk ready ones and ppl ask 1,000 bucks, then nicer ones for 400 bucks, it all depends on the owner, does he need it out of the way? is he emotionally attached to it? etc

Owner doesn't know I want it yet, and it is not for sale to my knowledge.  I'm guessing they moved and haven't dealt with it, or who knows?  But it is not show worthy, so I doubt they are storing it for archival value.  

That's not a 68 FYI.

The front support is bowed out to fit larger radiator for that L engine. 68 had J series. Yes it could been swapped.

68 did not have side marker lights. They were round reflectors.

That grille is not a 68.

The coil for a J series is up where the wiper motor is I think?? Again, could have been swapped.

The lights and grille give it away as a 71 or 72 though :thumbup:

That's not a 68 FYI.

The front support is bowed out to fit larger radiator for that L engine. 68 had J series. Yes it could been swapped.

68 did not have side marker lights. They were round reflectors.

That grille is not a 68.

The coil for a J series is up where the wiper motor is I think?? Again, could have been swapped.

The lights and grille give it away as a 71 or 72 though :thumbup:

Agree i say 72.

found a piece of masking tape under the windshield rubber.  definite re-paint.  But at least I know the paint job was done at least 11 years ago, and no massive holes on first inspection.  I bet the bed has problems, just because it is Hawaii.  If I get it, I'll have a camper shell for sale...

• Like 1

I dont care what these other guys say but if it will start and it just needs to be cleaned its worth 500.00 x 5+.You are on Ratsun hint hint.If it has the bumperettes on the back of the truck,hell i will give you 400.00 for those alone.What Island are you on.Oahu or the big Island.

400.00 bucks huh I've got some bumperettes ha

Good luck on this truck man hope you can get it.

Truck looks nice and dusty, but I'd bet a wash job would revile a whole lot. Don't let em wash it before you buy it. You know that water thing is worth 400 bucks! Nice radio and shelf under the glove box.

The VIN plate will get you close on the date.

Look at the doors......did they have push button locks?  ....stamped area, but no push buttons?  .....or was it straight where there should be a button?