Paolo's BBQ

510_Dillon

... just seems odd to me. he could help so many people start the project of their dreams with a quality foundation (the look like they're all in pretty good condition, body wise). he could even make a pretty penny off it, cause at this point he has no money invested.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... just seems odd to me. he could help so many people start the project of their dreams with a quality foundation (the look like they're all in pretty good condition, body wise). he could even make a pretty penny off it, cause at this point he has no money invested.

You say that, but I'm offering 3 good starter cars for cheap prices and have very few takers. Here in Texas you'd have a hard time selling all those. Unless you wanted to go the ebay route, but even then...

No, these have become an albatross around his neck he will never shake until he dies and whoever he leaves them to sends them all to the crusher. Now THAT is the sad part. :(

14 510s, 6 Roadsters, and 4 620s. All wasting away...

Not to mention a super clean Starion and a low-mileage super clean Camaro IROC-Z, neither have been driven in over 5 years...

Its sad sometimes But i even do it a bit also. saving parts. But I always regret giving parts free or selling them cheap then I need it. Then I have to kiss Paolos ass and pay 3 times more. (I dont think so)

But when I sold my Dobi box flared 510 i never missed a beat. I went back to watching TV and never missed that car one bit.

seems when you get older less is more and you seek practical.

Like a 4 dr rig then for me was a 4 dr 4x4. now im thinking Hell sell all this datsun stuff off and my gagrage will have more room for yamaha Rd/RZ 2 stroke street bikes!!!!!!!!!!!!

By your friend marty has some straight cars, No rust.

Dave Carrol was another collector hereand stuff went to rot or it was priced out in outer space only to get crueshed or whatever later on. But he has sold me some stuff cheap.

One time I went to Dave's he had a key switch mechism on the self out side. He said it was sold to a friend for like 25-35$$ or something. Next year I was there and it STILL there in the rain and now FROZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now alot of those guys dont even show up in 510s. Its Frontiers or Xterras or 240sx's Cars you just put the key in and DRIVE untill those die also.

Dave had a buch of front covers stacked up outside but a local neiboorhood midnightrecycler picked it up for cash.

as for Paolo,

I wonder how much he wants for a front timming cover or he'll' say I dont want to separate the motor cause I might need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as the cam is Rotted away inside

Why???

It makes me sad to see 510's rust away in the forest.

At least in texas they are not rusting.

If I had 14 510's I would have 14 different engines:

Haybusa turbo engine, 3sge beams, SR20de, CA18det, KA24de, F20c, 13btt, 4age, L16, L20, V twin, V 4, DC electric motor, and a AC electric motor with Li-ion batteries.:lol:

Not just rusting...they're sinking into the earth! D-freak id love a 510 wagon but my yard is max'd out right now. Hey..what's an albatross look like ? :lol:

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/223px-Ancient_mariner_statue.jpg[/img]"]223px-Ancient_mariner_statue.jpg

A statue of the Ancient Mariner at Watchet Harbour, Somerset, England, unveiled in September 2003 as a tribute to Samuel Taylor Coleridge.

Ah ! well a-day! what evil looks

Had I from old and young!

Instead of the cross, the Albatross

About my neck was hung.

The Rime of the Ancient Mariner written by the English poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge in 1797–1799

Like the Ancient Mariner, maybe Paolo will be destined to walk the earth with an L head tied around his neck with a timing chain and tell his story how he wasted his Datsun parts as a lesson to others.

Hey we're all guilty, some maybe less so, but guilty we are!

datsunfreak, i understand what you're saying about trying to unload stuff cheaply and nobody wanting them. i promise you if i had any money or lived a lil closer i would have bought two of those rigs off you. i wanted the fourdoor for a daily driver and one of the two doors, i forget which, looked like a really good start for a nice weekend cruiser/racer. i def. don't think he'd be able to get rid of them in a weekend, but i do think he could get rid of them all if he had some patience. he's been sittin on them this long, if he offers them for sale and sits on em a lil longer, they'll eventually all go. on the other hand, he could put 2 or 3 of them on ebay every month and they'd be gone before he knows it. i will say that the camaro would probably go in a heartbeat around here, those are super popular right now as they just went past their emissions requirements. and especially it bein a v8 car to begin with.

at least your buddy's stuff is inside. he could always do like this guy i read about in muscle car magazine. he was ocd about his hoarding of muscle cars and parts and pieces... when he died his family saw all these 18 wheeler containers on his property and didn't know what they were. all the doors were locked and welded shut, wheels flattened, parked so they were blocking each other's doors, all very odd. so they decide to open one up and see what's in it. they open it up and see a bunch of old engines and trannys and whatnot, contact a local muscle car guy and ask him to come by and make an offer on the whole lot, he said he's make an offer as they opened them. turned out to be a dozen or so containers full of whole cars, aftermarket injection systems, superchargers, intake manifolds, engines, wheels... you name it, it was in there. and he had got to the point that he was so scared of people stealing it all that he put them in these containers and locked em up, welded them shut and let them sit for all those years. what he would do is buy an original condition muscle car and then pull the original motor and put a v8 in it out of a truck or van or something. then put the numbers matching motor in a container for future "project use". basically he was afraid the motor would get stolen if he drove around with it under the hood, so he'd lock it up and get it out later when he was ready to build the car. so tell your buddy when he gets old and doesn't want to bother with that shop or all those old rigs, tell him to lock the doors and weld em shut and leave it all to his kids and tell them not to open the doors for 10 years at least. then they can open the doors and make a couple million of it. that's how this guys kids ended up. :D

ocd is obsessive compulsive disorder, but it doesn't only refer to packrats. it's any kind of obsessive behavior that interferes with daily life. took a psych class in high school and one example of an "off the wall" type of ocd was a man who would check his fridge to make sure the neighbors cat wasn't in there. the cat had never been in the fridge, there was no logical reason to think the cat could get in the fridge but he still had to check it every 15-20 minutes or so. made him lose his job, couldn't get another one. couldn't do anything really because every so often he would have an uncontrollable urge to check his fridge to see if the neighbors cat was in there.

:thumbsup:

i think his eternal fate should be more like Σίσυφος (sisyphus)

-pushing a broken down datsun with a bad motor up a hill, but it always rolls back down before he gets to the top

Ha ha, yeah but with a good motor idling exhaust in his face, and just as he gets to the top, it backs over him and rolls to the bottom. Just like Prometheus, his injuries heal and he begins over. (is that too fucked up?)

• 3 years later...