Paolo's BBQ

510_Dillon

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True, I have an F250. But I never said I drive a Datsun "every" day. I don't commute in the F250- I haven't done that since probably 2005, maybe even 2004, but there's been days that it's been the only vehicle I drove all day- like days I made a run to the dump to get rid of the bedload of yard waste, or when I'm hauling the cargo trailer for the museum when we run the boats on Lake Washington (like I'll probably do the 29th).

Nope, no power steering L-series trucks. My 4X4s both have good old manual steering, and never had problems with it in the snow or on the trail. My 720 has power steering, but it has a Z24. Certainly not impossible to do- take a '80 720 with an L20B, bolt on the '83-86 power steering box and pump, and good to go.

I have driven a datsun everyday since 1988.!!!!!!!!!!!
I too have driven a Datsun everyday since 97, except when I've been broken...like now(rotator cuff surgery)...need to get me an Auto for times like this...getting more and more often in my old age!

I guess I just need to keep my eyes open for a 4dr or wagon.

From Mike Mason email to me

I think he gave away like 3 of them on 5/10 as he is

> getting out of 510's.

> You should call him or go up there and work

> something out if you one or two.

Jeff/Frank/KA510 anybody(if you need help)

Start pulling those cars out Now!!!!!!!!!Preferable people who have the money/know how to work on them otherwise they go to another Junk collector.

Get these on the road

Maybe somebody should start selling this for Paolo(ebay ,graigslist) and get a cut .

Like Carter sells all of Dave carrols VG30 stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Why let stuff rot away like that?

cuz he can? that is a shame. None of that stuff will do any body any good any time soon. I have a Z car buddy like that. hordes all kinds of really cool rare parts. But a least he keeps it in a container out of the weather. And he is in a dry climate.

Why let stuff rot away like that?

I can't understand why Marty does that either... :confused:

Look at the photo above, taken almost two years ago. He never finished the orange 4dr (it's mine now), and the tan 2dr got back back on the road last month. He has more cars than he could ever possibly build, but doesn't want to sell them either. Other than those two cars, the inside of that shop hasn't changed in 7 years. Most of those cars have been owned by him, in non-running state, for over 10 years. :rolleyes: