I am back well for a short period 72 620 with 327ci

72 327

Just wanted to get some input. Its time for my Datsun 620 to go. I have held onto it and let it go. I finally desided to put it back together and sell it. Do you think $5000 is to much concidering the work that has gone into it. Here are some pics today of it. Its a Hotrod and is intended to be as such, not a daily driver but turns some heads for sure. Paint is an 8, eninge is a 8, Hood is getting painted gloss black on Tuesday. Full HID setup (see my other posts) 327ci 1967 Corvette engine, turbo 350 trans, 5893 miles since build. No heat, no A/C, no frills just go. 10 gallon fuel cell 9 mpg.

IMG_1298_zpsc1b961db.jpg

IMG_1297_zps008643b3.jpg

IMG_1292_zpsabeb00b7.jpg

IMG_1291_zps699d2ad3.jpg

IMG_1294_zpsd21ddf80.jpg

null_zpsee06457d.jpg

Old Video but same

NOT TRYING TO SELL HERE just want a bit of feedback that is all.
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its clearly a very nice piece, It seems in the world wide market trucks built this way require the right buyer.

I have a very similar truck,and recently was forced to put it up for sale.mine is 2 owner truck,built 400 sbc,w/custom one of a kind hooker components,cragar s/s wheels..etc etc... I found that fewer people want rigs like ours,most would rather have the stock rig.

My advice would be ask $ 5000 and not come off that unless they are in your face with cash. Because its going to take just as much time to find a buyer to pay four g's. Taking the truck to a local hot rod swap meets or auto action. But keep in mind auctions will involve a fee.

Those sst cragar wheels are worth a small fortune. I've been shopping for a set for about a year,and 14's in good shape can go for a 1000 bucks.

Again I say nice piece.! And good luck.

4k isn't a bad price. If you decide to sell you are going to sit on it

For a while until the right buyer comes around tho at that price. But the truck looks and sounds mean. So 4k shouldn't be hard to get to the right person.

Thanks guys for the imput. Going to do a couple videos of it rolling, in different postions, with my GoPro Hero3 BE to go with my Craigslist ad. I think I may go $5k then go down if cash is present. I will be taking it to the local car shows, there is one every weekend here. This one also has Hooker headers and what a lot of people dont know is that this was a kit you could buy in pieces or as a complete package from Hooker. It included firewall, headers, engine mounts, trans mount and a few other things. There is a tread around that even has part numbers to all of the pieces, although no longer avalible was only made in the 80's. Its all the work that is very time consuming. Again thats for the input guys.

Will be hanging out for a while checking out everything I have missed for the last 2 years. I am sure its a bunch.

Copy that info on the hooker kit.I ve done a lot of research on the hooker kit.

I was just looking thru your build pics on shutterfly,its to bad they didn't use the fiberglass firewall from the kit. The rest of the parts i could see in the pictures looks the same. Except my headers are welded together,it won't be fun taken em off but they don't leak.

And that dash is wild fabrication,all f glass ,wild look.

hey if you ever wanta part with those sst's I your guy.

Copy that info on the hooker kit.I ve done a lot of research on the hooker kit.

I was just looking thru your build pics on shutterfly,its to bad they didn't use the fiberglass firewall from the kit. The rest of the parts i could see in the pictures looks the same. Except my headers are welded together,it won't be fun taken em off but they don't leak.

And that dash is wild fabrication,all f glass ,wild look.

hey if you ever wanta part with those sst's I your guy.

The headers are a PAIN to take off even in the 2 pieces they are in. Try getting to the starter if the engine is in the truck, did that this weekend WHAT A BIG OL pain. But the header has to come out if the starter has to be removed. Yes the trans tunnel is sheet metal in this truck not to bad though. I will let you know on the SST's. I will have to see if it sells in the next couple weeks before i start parting it out. Am selling this to fund my other project 65 Covette rebuild, wife says to many cars, currently 6 here. LOL

Couple more pics sorry for being a whore want it documented before I no longer have it. Missspoke before it has 5768 miles on it since its conception. At 80 miles at the tripometer its time for fuel NOW.. LOL

IMG_1303_zps4ff91abd.jpg

IMG_1302_zps4f8467af.jpg

IMG_1307_zpsf5dbe6f5.jpg

I love the door panels simple and the handles are great from a member here a couple years ago.

IMG_1304_zps1d0d56c5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well Boys and Girls she sold lastnight. The new owner should be signing in on this site so be nice to him. Will see what I come up with in the future, my son is turning 16 soon and maybe, just maybe we can find a nice goon. I might be back, until then enjoy your Datsuns to the fuillest. Peace!!

$5k asking price.

Had a lot of interest, lots of lookers, about 8 cash offers, from $2500 (haha) to $4600 2 days ago, this guy wanted it and knew there was other offers pending. He came a good distance to see it and did not haggle. I had Chevy guys, Import guys, and rat rod guys look at it. Seems it was the Chevy guys that wanted it the most. I think I put 150 miles on her giving people rides along the way. Way worth the wait for me (3 weeks not bad though). Sad the truck is gone but it went to a pretty cool guy and he will take care of her.

In fact I got a call this morning from one of the guys Tuesday with a $4900 offer, that had offered the $4600, had to tell him it was sold.

• Like 1

Awesome. Hope you'll keep us updated on the next build, Datsun or not :)

For sure I will should be a couple months till I get everything in for the Vette (darn custom parts), I have to try and convince my son that a goon or something would be a cool car to have. I will also be getting my 91 300zx tt running again in the next couple weeks so always a project to be had.

• Like 1