New Classifieds

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the only way I see it, revert to the old. Find a couple of addons for the forum that add requirements, as its not part of the forum right away. This way, people would still be required to have pictures, prices, post count, blah blah. But leave comments on.

The new way can not be made into the old, the old may be able to be modified to act like the new.

• Like 1

I would have rather had another mod or 2 to help out with the load of new members, especially with what seems like a decrease in mod participation over the years.

I would second the thought of promoting some of the older more senior guys to mods... even on a trial basis if you guys cant handle the workload. This place is suppose to be fun and a community and not a job. 

Mike, I remember you mentioning in another place that sometimes it takes you an hour of mod stuff before you can even get around to surfing. That seems like too much... I would vote you add another guy to the team to help.

What is a featured ad? How do I make my ad featured? How do I add more time, like the one that has 30 days...?

Im sure it was just for testing purposes ( :rolleyes: ), but what is the process for featured ads and such? 

the only way I see it, revert to the old. Find a couple of addons for the forum that add requirements, as its not part of the forum right away. This way, people would still be required to have pictures, prices, post count, blah blah. But leave comments on.

The new way can not be made into the old, the old may be able to be modified to act like the new.

You can set it up so that people have to have a specific number of posts for certain sections. You can also block out users from seeing certain places as... the Mods could have their own section that we cant see where they discuss everything. Same concept. 

Guest 510kamikazifreak

I would second the thought of promoting some of the older more senior guys to mods... even on a trial basis if you guys cant handle the workload. This place is suppose to be fun and a community and not a job. 

That might not be a bad idea, there are only a few mods that are regulars here(Skib,Mike,]2edeye) the rest are not here as much anymore.

That might not be a bad idea, there are only a few mods that are regulars here(Skib,Mike,]2edeye) the rest are not here as much anymore.

It just makes sense that a lot of the guys that spend a lot of time here dont want to see it go downhill. Im sure there are a few guys willing to step up and help out...

We had a neg button mike.....

Never forget.

BillLumbergh_zps4562d00b.jpg

. And I have...

305250.gif

Looks like it's more difficult (if not impossible) for sellers to "bump" their ads to the top, except the mods who appear to have done it by altering the time and/or making it a "featured" ad..  Nice little moderator power abuse going there I see.  The bad

part is, instead of bumping you're gonna see folks post the same ad every day to keep it at the top.

A double post is good for an expenses paid free vacation.

Guest 510kamikazifreak

It just makes sense that a lot of the guys that spend a lot of time here dont want to see it go downhill. Im sure there are a few guys willing to step up and help out...

Yes it does.

I am a fan of the intro(mod approved before posting,keeps most of the bots out)This would save much time for the mods,not having to delete all the bots,after they have posted

Faster easier for members to report spam and for a mod to go and delete it. Hard to have a conversation when you have to wait for a mod to read and approve it. Ratsun has over 900K posts over 5 years? that's 492 posts a day. 

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Faster easier for members to report spam and for a mod to go and delete it. Hard to have a conversation when you have to wait for a mod to read and approve it. Ratsun has over 900K posts over 5 years? that's 492 posts a day. 

This is with the few mods that I posted, most other mods are not frequent flyers much anymore

I think bouncing datrod and INDY510 up to mod ...why you say...

datrod ,,, seems like he would rule with a no-nonsense style and would have enough age under belt to be compassionate

INDY510 ,,, to offset that

I am completely serious

Mike, I remember you mentioning in another place that sometimes it takes you an hour of mod stuff before you can even get around to surfing. That seems like too much... I would vote you add another guy to the team to help.

That would include 3 to 5 private messages asking questions. Not always that bad. I have the time and have never said I'm over worked/can't keep up. I show up, as does Steve and Skib (and guest mods LOL)  fix a few leaks and hang out. The forum seems to run smoothly enough and I don't think members have much to complain about as far as service.

INDY: If there were indeed hundreds of posts a day, maybe there was I never checked, and now only 9 then fine, it'll pick up once posters figure out where the new section is, have 50 posts and some pictures. Seems to me posting there is ok, it's the going there to view the posts that some don't like?

Guest 510kamikazifreak

With a word filter most of the bots will be lost in space.

With a word filter most of the bots will be lost in space.

It seems like theres lots of ways to filter out spam, but it seems like the root of the issue is too much bullshit across the forum for the mods to handle. You guys should just find another sucker member and knight that bitch to mod to help out. Then everyone can get back to Datsuns and looking at tits. 

Guest 510kamikazifreak

It seems like theres lots of ways to filter out spam, but it seems like the root of the issue is too much bullshit across the forum for the mods to handle. You guys should just find another sucker member and knight that bitch to mod to help out. Then everyone can get back to Datsuns and looking at tits. 

This..

I understand.

No one (or very few) look forward to change. We tend to learn and get comfortable with what we have now and change is upsetting. I can only say that it's intended to be better even if at first it doesn't appear to. The last forum change was the same and now I don't even remember the way it was. Use the classifieds as much as you can. Think of it as new clothes, slightly stiff and with fold lines on it, needing to be worn and washed a few times to be comfortable.

lol, hey I'm with you here...

Bottom line is.... this is intended to improve the classifieds. Yes it's different. Yes, there are and were problems. Yes it takes some getting used to, most change does. Will it be better? I don't know yet, probably, but this is from a mod view point. Time will tell

. And I have...305250.gif

waa waa waa, I didnt say anything to warrant a ban. So im not even worried, but -1any who. Ill mark it on the chalk board when I get home.

IKnowThatFeelBro_zpse2227a62.jpg

And what is with the frickin time limit and "featured" stuff.... I reread thru most of this and may have missed anethe explanation.... but I dont think there was one.

The forum update was a necessary change. The old software was outdated, and wonky.

The classifieds was not necessary.

I dont want to have to get used to something that is worse, especially when nothing was broken.

The new classifieds isnt new clothes, is the lack of clothes, cold and leaving me naked.

The fundamentals of how the classifieds on the forum have changed, and that is where the problem lies.

The fundamentals of the forum never changed due to the update.

Im still only ok with the forum update because I was able to revert most of it on my computer, like removing all the stuff that pops up from hovering your mouse...

I will never be ok with the new classifieds, as It will never be like the old.