Bleach's Fairlady

What's that wrinkling on the core support and right strut tower? :unsure:

I painted the engine bay first and the color was wrong so when we layed paint over the bad coat it freaked out in a few spots. Extra work,hooray. The rest was all sealed primer when it got shot so it came out tits.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thismatt,,,maybe it's sarcasim but why would you pick a guys work apart like you do? Kevin is 1 of the koolest Datsun guys ive ever met & Datsunfish is helping him restore the car. Sorry it just bugs me to see you chime in & talk crap!! Lets see some of your work or wait heres an idea..lets see your ride & its flawless body.! D-fish keep up the good work, from 1 body-guy to another it looks awesome :cool:

Bleah, that sucks.

Its cool since its in the engine bay ;) easy fix. I aint one to get mad over critiquing the work so whatever. I assume your just giving me crap cauce I zinged ya with the orange comment. The work is open to all for criticizm and Im not worried since Kevin came out and saw it and he seems satisfied. Lets keep the coool.

"Kevin came out and saw it and he seems satisfied"

Thats ALL that matters...nuff said.

hells yeah..That made me happy. Thanks for the good word too. Im still a rookie who took on a job every pro I know would have passed on. To me though this was a good piece of experience and its a great feeling to get to this point. COLOR!!!

Yah you wont be forgetting this project any time soon :lol: I cant wait to see it all put together and Bleach's pencil-neck rollin down the road :D

Haha I swore I hated Z cars forever and never wanted to see another one again until we put some shine on her. Sorry Bleach but you have alot of work to do when im done with it..

• 2 months later...

Drool.

.... ... '

......... '

What he said ^^

How have I never seen this before! Amazing job guys! Bleach you are lucky to have found such talented guys! I can't wait to see it completed.

• 3 weeks later...

Aaah, I missed these pictures! Its looking GREAT. :D

My front turn signals were orange and appear to be the same 240Z style. The rear are amber vs red for the 240Z. What are you looking for, the clear ones? If so I don't think those are really factory but more of a aftermarket switch out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well,even thursday of this week was a misjudgement. As usual,but things are going great. Mirror mounts drilled,test fit em and put em back in the box. All the bolt on pieces are at final prime stage and almost ready to paint. That will mean no more body work just assembly and detail. Sorry no recent pics. I will get some tomorrow for sure. No actual predicted finish date but it will be soon,very soon.

My front turn signals were orange and appear to be the same 240Z style. The rear are amber vs red for the 240Z. What are you looking for, the clear ones? If so I don't think those are really factory but more of a aftermarket switch out.

they look the same in appearance, but they have a dual light set up in them, as in 2 bulbs, 2 sockets set up. the regular 240 lights only use on bulb, i helped him wire the 240 lights for now but it would be nice to see some originals,

also the dash is cracked any suggestions? can't find a cap for a rhd?! and his left tail light has a crack in the amber part of it @$&*@#$%^!!!!! anyone repair those to keep em fairlady? or have a replacement one?

ps in know all this because his blue fairlady is sitting in my garage, can't beleive that lucky ass found one in missouri

and sorry for the thread jack, the paint job looks beautiful!! love the color