How to wire a KA, CA, SR, and VG into anything

Icehouse

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's the problem, if I hook the large one up, shes stalls and won't start.

All the small ones under the throttle body go back to the EGR/SCV valve stuff correct?  The previous owner removed all that stuff.  Or do you mean the small one specifically that goes to the bottom of the throttle body? 

I capped off all the ones that go to the back of the motor to the EGR/SVC stuff and hooked up the one that connects to the bottom of the throttle body to the intake.

But when ever I hook the big one up,  she revs up a bit and then stalls out.  If I try to restart her she fires, then stalls. 

I just got my sr dropped into my 510 this weekend. Next up is to fab up the transmission mount, and then onto wiring.

So... My car doesn't have the stock harness in it. I was one of those guys that ran an l-series pure bare-bones wiring setup; just enough to drive the car and nothing else. Now that I have this red-top engine in the car with odds and ends plugged in, I'm a little lost. I have terminals that aren't plugged into anything, etc., etc.

So many wires.

Where do I begin? :)

From what I've read, folks are cutting the wires near the ECU to wire up the SR into their can/am box or relay pack.  Is there any reason they're going that route instead of tapping into the plugs that those wires terminate at?  The brown plug and the big grew plug seem to have all the wires that are used... which makes me wonder if it would be profitable to build a little sub-harness from those plugs to the can/am box?  That way, there's no splicing involved.  Literal plug-and-play.

Ok, so I am done hooking up the wires as per the diagram and I applied power.Turn key and the engine turns over, and for the box, Nothing. So I start poking around with my test light to see where I might be missing power and as soon as I touch ECCS LSS the thing wakes up, lights up for a few secs and then all the power goes away! 

The Red Light comes on, the Green Light comes, but, the Yellow light stays off. Both lights in the ECU light up and then go off when the box shuts off. 

Am I missing a ground? Power to something else or am I using the wrong wire somewhere? 

This is for the Z31 ECU setup

HELP!!! 

Sounds to me like you arent getting key power....

When you prob "KEY PWR" the light turns on?

When you prob "gnd" does the yellow light turn on? (this test may or may not work, really you should just be grounding the gnd as a test.)

Below is the wires i have cut and will depin. The XXX's are questionable and my KA is auto not manual. Is there more that i can do? because my wiring loom top and bottom is stick very thick and not slim as i would like or seen on some of you senior members. Any help is well appreciated and thanks ahead.

240sxharnesspinoutx3.jpg

Sounds to me like you arent getting key power....

When you prob "KEY PWR" the light turns on?

When you prob "gnd" does the yellow light turn on? (this test may or may not work, really you should just be grounding the gnd as a test.)

Yes, I was missing key power! I did not see it on the schematic thus I assumed it would get power from the pwr wire to the board! 

Thanks for the help! Tomorrow, fuel in the tank! 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Started looking at the efi harness for my swap.  Since this a custom build or should I say, a long and expensive build.  And since I have no money, I mise well get started on the ground work. Its FREE.  THis thread will help and has

You leave your original harness.

You need to use 2 wires from the car, one being direct battery power for the ECU, and the other being Ignition power, probably use the wire going to the coil (or any ignition wire from the key)

Finally, you will need the rest of the wires from the new engine harness.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Nope wiring is fine.  The ECU thinks while doing the above that the engine was "spinning" then it realizes it wasn't so it shuts it off.  No biggy.  

How does it run with the maf unplugged?  

i have the same problem the engine starts but stalls shortly (wont idle) if i keep it reved it stays on and ive even ran the truck and runs good just wont idle, if i unplug the maf it stays idle,, help?

• Like 1