How to wire a KA, CA, SR, and VG into anything

Icehouse

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey quick question. My middle fuse on the can/am box keeps blowing. One of my wires is shorting. Question is, wich wire would cause the middle fuse to blow? I dont want to tear my whole harness appart. Thanx in advance.

If the engine runs champ with the maf unplugged its a vacuum leak. Check everything. I built a pressure checker with some plumbing parts I got at the hardware store. That way I can pressurize the intake and spray soap and watch for bubbles. Works great!

• Like 2

i figured it out as most of you u might know that went to canby, but thanx icehouse it was a leak in one of the injectors i had to replace a rubber grommet and had to change a hose somewere in the back of the motor by the idle control valve

• 4 weeks later...

From my understanding, for a 510 SR20DET swap I can just cut from the ECU pin 104, 36, 4, and etc into the CAN/AM box right? What difference would it make if I went all the way to the engine harness, I feel like it would just be the same thing. Either that or I'm having a major brain fart.

Ok, So I finally got back to work on my car and I have fuel in the tank and all  the little lights come on. It appears to be getting power to everything but the injectors. I have Red wire #114 connected and it is not giving them any power. Do I need to hook up power from the directly from a battery source or do they need to be powered by the ECU?

I am so close to slapping a carb on this thing! STOP ME!! 

• 2 weeks later...

this thread has great info but i still have some problems w/ my swap.

i have a 72 521 & im putting in a 95 s14 ka24de w/ manuel trans in it, i connected the nessasary wires from the ecu using the diagram on the 1st page (4 fuses & 3 relays) but motor cranks but i am not getting any spark. I have voltage going into the dizzy both wires show 12v (is 1 supposed to be ground?) ..

also when i 1st turn the key the fuel pump turns on but then shuts off after a few seconds, is that normal?

any ideas of wat i could check would help a lot.

thanks...

Ok, so. We had a jam session on my car and got it to run with us pouring gas into the intake since the injectors will not work. We can hear them click, but no gas. We swapped out my ecu into my friends car and it ran, so the ecu is good.

It is the 300ZX setup. The harness had been modified at some point where all the injectors where running off only two wires. We went ahead and seperated them to run individually, but still, nothing. We can feel them click, but just no fuel out of them.

Set up is:

1987 200SX intake setup with its original injectors.

1988 300ZX ECU, Harness, AFM and distributor

Walbro Fuel Pump

Any ideas?

Yes the regulator could be bad.  Slightly pinch the return line after the regulator and see if that makes a difference.  Make sure not to dead end the fuel.  Those lines don't have to high of a PSI max.