Misinformation, look here to get the 411

Bob3

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Miata has a "power plant frame" it ties the transmission and the diff together. I had to lengthen the one for Misinformation 5"

ppf1_zps85265925.jpg

ppf2_zpscc0e5639.jpg

ppf4_zps42630263.jpg

• Like 2

No love for a reflector today at the yard.  One very beat on 410 goon that doesn't have them and Howard would not sell me one off of the 411 today.  He is under the illusion that someone is going to buy the whole car and wants to keep it as whole as possible.  One of the best JY's left but the owner has to be caught at just the right time for some items.  Last fall I got all the side markers off a 69 510 for $10 each.  Go figure.  I will try again next week when I go back for some door hinges for my truck.

• Like 1

Lovin the progress!

Oh! Quick question for my own curious mind, How much different is the 411 front and the 66' 520 front? they look real similar, but i can't spot the difference if there is one.

I thought they were the same until I started this build. They do look the same but the fenders and hood are not interchangeable. The 411 is 4" narrower!

That overview shot of the engine bay is fantastic. Have you fired it off yet?

I hope you can get some flares sourced soon.

I haven't fired it yet. I'm getting close. I really want to run it this weekend at the NASA race albeit without flares. I am very excited to get it on track!

• Like 2

I haven't fired it yet. I'm getting close. I really want to run it this weekend at the NASA race albeit without flares. I am very excited to get it on track!

I hope you get it on the track this weekend, wish I didn't have to work, so I could see it on it's first run! :thumbup:

Are you going to track it with the donuts? :D

No. They wouldn't allow that. I plan to cut the fenders just enough to clear the tires and run without flares this weekend since I never got the ones I paid for a month ago from JDMFlares. 

To remind everyone who reads this; JDMFLARES said "look man im not sure exactly why you needed the flares" WTF? This is four weeks AFTER he had my money!

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM JDMFLARES ON EBAY or JDMFLARES.COM

He will screw you just like he did me!

To remind everyone who reads this; JDMFLARES said "look man im not sure exactly why you needed the flares" WTF? This is four weeks AFTER he had my money!

Perhaps the reason you need them is BECAUSE YOU PAID FOR THEM!

WTF is wrong with people these days? Is this the same guy that was jerking redbanner around?

• Like 1

I just hope I don't cut too much from my car without any flares to use as a pattern. It would have been nice to have the flares I paid for but, jdmflares figured I didn't need them. They figured I just had an extra $280 to donate to their scam. I'm so pissed at this Jack-Ass. He honestly said "look man im not sure exactly why you needed the flares"

i did like the part in the thread where he said...."look man im not sure exactly why you needed the flares"

i was like oh no ... this wont go well.....donuts on the track would be funny...good luck this weekend .... and if anyone is counting i believe this is about two weeks sooner then said completion date...... congrats sir ... nice project

Perhaps the reason you need them is BECAUSE YOU PAID FOR THEM!

WTF is wrong with people these days? Is this the same guy that was jerking redbanner around?

no i believe the story goes this is the guy that built the flares for the guy red was working with then riped the design and now is offereing them at a equally bad businees plan... although maybe z productions was a good business person being he was having this guy build the flares and he cant even get them out in a speedy manner...for himself....

• Like 1

The words of jdmflares . . .

I would like to build a good reputation and anything in my past is in my past.

Im sorry i lied and led you to beileve what wasnt.

look man im not sure exactly why you needed the flares

why is it that not having them has set him back on his project.