1200 SS aka The Baby Nova

jb1200

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just talked to john. The car is on the rotisserie hes been waiting on parts for 2mo now. the four link rear and techno toy for coilover struts ext. Neither company can seem to meet a deadline so he canceled the orders and is getting someone local to do the four link and building the coilovers himself. As soon as he sends me some pics ill post them.

by the way dan fiinny thank u for posting and passing along the info .....i DO appreciate someone still putting up somestuff about this car...im not mad i just want more 1200 stuff....tell him red banner got a simialr car and that will brng him back ...

Look ive known john for a long time we served together. And if he said the coilovers he wanted were on back order they were. As far as the four link goes he order it through summit. I believe thats what he said. He called me today he was pulling to sets of 280zx front end out of the yard. Johns not the kind of person to to do anything half ass or just drop a project. Was he pushing it on the timeline yeah. But he will get it done. And done right.

• Like 1

Ok first of all this goes out to jock4224. I ordered a set of 280zx coilovers from Techno Toy Tuning on May 19 and I still haven't received my coilovers as of today. I'm not saying that Gabe isnt a stand up guy, what im saying is he hasnt came thru on my order. The rear that Dan was trying to tell everyone about is more than just a simple 4 link. I ordered a whole custom rear section including the suspension thru Summit from Competition Engineering. They also have been delaying my order since May 19. So yes I canceled the rear section and tomorrow I will be canceling the 280zx coilover order from T3. But while I was waiting on these custom parts me and a buddy of mine built a rotisserie that the car is currently connected to, waiting on the rear to come in. I'm building I custom car with only the shell being original. 

jrock4224 my skin is a lot tougher then you can ever imagine. So please stop talking shit cause you DO NOT know period.

• Like 1

I haven't read any rules that say you HAVE to make progress at a set rate nor that you HAVE to post pictures of what you've done so far. This is someone else's project and while we all like to see progress and pictures perhaps there is a reason for any delays and or he works at a slower pace. It's not your call or business really.

Now, I've cleaned up this shit, and we'll leave it at that.

Actually its a open forum mike where when u post a build thread its open to criticism .... its part of the original intent of ratsun, but again rules are all up to interpretation....i dont see anyone cleaning up my threads when they get shit in ... but there again im not the internet police and dont care what people post in my threads...jb 1200 abd i talked viz pms and are both quite clear and respectful..... he knows i wasnt being critical again i was the one 4 pages ago saying the reason jb doesnt post in here is because of some f the general tomfoolery... yet my posts get deleted..... class work mike.....your knowledge base is being dwarfed by your overbearingess...just saying

jb1200knows im intently following his thread with intrigue awaiting more cool work and basically waiting for him to prove us all wrong....leep at it jb let s us know if theres anything we can help with ...

its no wonder he oesnt update..... granted nice car with non datto love mods ... but its been a harsh crowd to say the least....fqiq that car was dope i still woulda rocked a swap before taking it this far...

oh one page ago but it was prolly more pages before my content was deleted.....keep it up jb ... i wanna see smokey 1200 burnouts...

Corrected flat, I missed it. Posts are not deleted just hidden to keep this civil and headed in the right direction.

J you're right it is a forum but if we allow too much criticism no one will post their progress. Just sayin.

Now everyone lighten up ... not the end of the world. A little respect .... goes a long way.

• Like 1

Ok guys whats that best "bang for buck" shock insert for the stock 280zx strut housing? I'm trying to get this done ASAP.

KYB GR2 are cheap and work decently. Not the best by any longshot but they don't suck. KYB 365013 is for the 280zx and should run about 30-35 dollars off amazon.

agree with flat if your looking for stock length which it sounds like u are the gas adjust are worth the little extra that they are.....order t3 coil over set up for it ...... should come with everything .... not sure what wheels your using but 250 is a good spring rate to start at ...some go as low as 200 lbs but springs are cheap enough u can always buy more later......like i said i run 7" springs to get the adjusting nut and what not away from the tire.... but it depends the wheel u choose too.....+20s on a it required a little spacer and a 7 inch spring .... u should have no problem build in the coil overs your self .... when cutting the perch off use a cut off wheel and cut the weld perpendicular to the strut body ... u can cut it close to perch and then once its off just grind the weld down ....mind u im running a cut strut too so u may be fine with a 8 inch spring regardless....