1200 SS aka The Baby Nova

jb1200

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really mr "78 280z 4speed- awaiting a v8 swap"  ....

dude that's a part car I have sitting in my yard, thats not happening for a very long time IF it even happens, thats at the bottom of my priority list. Plus I didn't start a build thread for it and repeatedly say it was gonna be done within a short deadline, I'm not saying this guy isn't gonna finish it, I'm not even saying his car is worthless or stupid, I'm just saying there are things I'd of done different if it were mine. Its his car and I'm not gonna tell him how to do things.

dude that's a part car I have sitting in my yard, thats not happening for a very long time IF it even happens, thats at the bottom of my priority list. Plus I didn't start a build thread for it and repeatedly say it was gonna be done within a short deadline, I'm not saying this guy isn't gonna finish it, I'm not even saying his car is worthless or stupid, I'm just saying there are things I'd of done different if it were mine. Its his car and I'm not gonna tell him how to do things.

I was more pointing out the v8 swap not time line.

Maybe because hes a proven mechanic who puts out good work and follows through on his deadlines all while providing ample pictures for us to drool over. Its just all too common people come on here and say they are going to V6 swap this and V8 swap that, then we never hear from them again. Or god forbid they hack into the vehicle and ruin it after they see its too much work.

No one is saying that the OP has done that, but he was super into it in the begining and kept saying it was suppose to be done by a certain date... then we never heard from him again. Its safe to assume that hes like 99% of the guys we get all the time. If he had content to provide us to draw a different conclusion, we would all love it no matter what engine he puts in there.

Point taken. there does need to be more pictures but the work being done is quality, and he is not one of the 99% i can assure you.

Point taken. there does need to be more pictures but the work being done is quality, and he is not one of the 99% i can assure you.

We hope so. We just like seeing forward progress. Im sure that if/when he comes back it will be a great build... tell him to post pictures!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey John, Got an update, or some pictures?

I have no pics at this time. I'm still waiting on the rearend shop to finish up my ford 8.8, plus I'm waiting on some metal to get here so I can weld up the center section and driveshaft loop. The rearend is really holding me up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll bug him for pics. i know hes still working on it. he picked the rear end up 2 weeks ago.

I think that John should just take his time, with no deadlines. What he is doing is not an easy task and taking his time is probably the best way to go. No doubt it will get finished.

• 3 weeks later...

I have no pics at this time. I'm still waiting on the rearend shop to finish up my ford 8.8, plus I'm waiting on some metal to get here so I can weld up the center section and driveshaft loop. The rearend is really holding me up.

How is that rearend coming along, got any pictures on your progress? It's been quite a while since you've posted anything...

I think that John should just take his time, with no deadlines. What he is doing is not an easy task and taking his time is probably the best way to go. No doubt it will get finished.

How is that rearend coming along, got any pictures on your progress? It's been quite a while since you've posted anything...

So, let him post it when he feels like it. Kinda like not seeing thread bumps when there's nothing to see...

So, let him post it when he feels like it. Kinda like not seeing thread bumps when there's nothing to see...

He usually sees the thread bumps, and responds to them. There are several, as myself, still interested in the build. Nothing wrong with checking every month or two. :cool:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...