1200 SS aka The Baby Nova

jb1200

good point, Not sure about the exhaust thing though, my rx7 has an aftermarket magnaflow dual exhaust system and isn't all that loud, though there are times I admit the sound has gotten a bit annoying, I thinks its more from a lack of sound deader in the back though.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's posted plenty of pics.  Almost 20 in fact.  Granted, most were just parts waiting to be installed and not any actual progress.  Just be patient.  It's only page 12 and he already has the engine moved all the way from the stand to the engine bay.  These things take time.  He still has another 6 weeks to meet his deadline.

• Like 2
He's posted plenty of pics. Almost 20 in fact. Granted, most were just parts waiting to be installed and not any actual progress. Just be patient. It's only page 12 and he already has the engine moved all the way from the stand to the engine bay. These things take time. He still has another 6 weeks to meet his deadline.

I know, i know. Im simply giving him grief, that's all. I understand the magnitude of the swap at hand. My excitement merely turned me into an impatient little school girl, hell bent on getting what i want, NOW!! :)

Hey guys I have a quick question. With the weight of my engine being 500+ lbs what spring rates do u think I should got for front and rear coilovers?

Are you using the stock 1200 front strut setup as a base for your build, or other? Need more information. 

No I'm going with the 280zx setup from Techno Toyz for the front and 510 coilovers for the rear.

https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/510/rear-coilover-conversion-datsun-510

https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/s130/full-front-coilover-conversion-280zx

High end stuff!!! Looks good. What did you decide for the rearend?

I just need to figure out the spring rate for the car.

You will have to know, or at least estimate, the car's weight, what kind of driving you intend to do, and what kind of ride you want: stiff, soft, or in between. The stock front springs are only about 90 lbs/inch, and that is pretty light duty. The stock 1200 engine weight is just shy of 200 lbs. You are adding about 350 more lbs engine weight up front with the 307 SBC.

I'm losing interest.  Your strategy is working.

I make a motion that this thread be moved to the regular 1200 section, but that would be J.B's call. When it is done, maybe it could be made a sticky?

:bye: