Another saved 521

green180

Its been a long time since I posted anything, I recently picked up a 71 521 for $700, its a runner but bogs when I hit the gas, im planning on switching over to electronic ignition and putting a weber on, than hopefully lower it, right now it has mismatched wheels and a body lift

2013-01-22121131.jpg

2013-01-22121110.jpg

2013-01-22121118.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

From what I can tell from the pictures, the outside of your bed looks pretty good, including the corners.  Search junkyards around where you live, and be patient, a 521 will probably show up sooner or later.  

In the mean time, just get some sheet steel, and fabricate something to cover the holes.

Thanks guys, yea they messed the wells up pretty good, I'm planning on covering them up temporarly, I removed the mount spacers, ordered a webber, ordered body mounts, I'm taking a junkyard trip tomorrow to see what I find, ill take pics maybe ill find some dattos, haha I can't paint it yellow I'm not to fond of bright colors, that bus would be cool without the escalade front and chrome

I went to the junkyard and bumped into some random dude, he caught me looking at a datsun wagon and told me hes selling one, he said its a 1970 521 I checked it out, pretty clean with an l18 and 5 speed, he only wants $500, my phone ran out of battery though so no pics sorry, ill post some of the junkyard cars though