Another saved 521

green180

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha in central california, just lucky i guess, so I decided to go to a local wrecking yard here and thought they might have some parts I need, i asked if he had any orginal datsun truck wheels, he said he might in his other 10 acre lot, it turned out that he has 2 77 620s and one had steel wheels with caps and beauty rings so I purchased them for $120, he said he has a 521 bed that has good wheel wells, and a 4x4 720 I might get rear leaf springs off of, here's the wheels

20130213_164536.jpg

Great scores.  I believe the 720 leaf springs are longer measure before buying. If you have the money buy the $500 521 for parts.

The leafs are all the same length from the 320 threw the 720 Charlie69, the thing about the 720 4X4 leafs is they are made a little different, you get an extra inch drop with them.

They do have differences in how the bushings are put in the front though depending on the year of the leaf.

Thanks guys and thanks wayno for the leaf spring info, I was researching about the leaf spring swap before I decided to go that route, I passed the info of the other 521 to someone else I didn't want to part it out, I would rather see it on the road, and I would rather spend my money and time on this one, I bought a 3 inch universal lowering block kit, brake fluid, gear oil, engine oil, oil filter, spark plugs, and fuel pump

I worked on the datto a little bit, I'm getting married in vegas this weekend so I only had a little chance to work on it, I ended up breaking a bolt that goes to the thermostat housing and block, so I let it soak in pb blaster, I installed my new body mounts and lowered the rear a bit

20130218_113249.jpg

20130218_180220.jpg

20130218_180159.jpg

• Like 1

First of all i got married in Vegas and this year will be 18 years together,so with that said congratulations to you and the new soon to be wife,and remember the first 100 years is the hardest,after that no problems.Truck is looking better already it is amazing how a few not costly things can change the whole appearance of something.Looking good.

• Like 2

Thanks, its crazy how easy and cheap it is to lower these trucks, I'm planning on ordering new tires soon and painting the wheels, then I can put it on the ground and take beter pictures, my distributor should be coming in also

Thanks, it is addicting, I can't wait to drive it, the paint is a little haggard, it was originally light brown, the bed looks like it used to be blue, I'm gonna end up wet sanding it when I get a chance to, I messed with the thermostat housing bolt that broke and it sheared off flush on the head so I'm gonna have to pull the manifolds and get an extractor

Lol it's like a peppy slow, I've got a webber side draft and no muffler so it sounds rad............... But I'm only doing 35.. Bench seat sucks, knuckles pretty much drag on the ground with my arm out the window, but would I change a thing? Nope! Your gonna love it I promise :D

I went to the junkyard and bumped into some random dude, he caught me looking at a datsun wagon and told me hes selling one, he said its a 1970 521 I checked it out, pretty clean with an l18 and 5 speed, he only wants $500, my phone ran out of battery though so no pics sorry, ill post some of the junkyard cars though

My buddy wants to buy a 521 like mine. If its still for sale pm me the info and i will gladly give you a finders fee. :)

• 2 weeks later...