$275 Paper weight

kiznook

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I've pulled apart running ones that looked like that. Most of the engined I've yanked heads off in the PAP looked like that, though usually not that much loose crap. The 2 of mine that were like that had blown head gaskets... They DID run better after I cleaned them and solved the carbonning problem. Though I have to admit none of those had that much mud in the cooling system.

Usually the intake valves would be carboned up pretty bad If it was an oil burner because they don't run as hot as the exhaust. Those intakes look pretty good!

The vertical line on one of the cylinder walls could be a broken ring or piston scuffing. Or It could be just a streak of oil? Can you tell Kiz?

What did the plugs look like? Speaking of plugs, what's with that one hole, you can't even see the threads??

I bought it from some dipshit who had bought it from a shop. There's not really anything I can do as far as returning it. Lesson learned and move on.

The shit in the cylinders is bad, but its the giant gouges in #1 and #4 cylinder walls that are the big problem. I popped the pistons out and several of the rings had snapped, and EVERYTHING in the bottom end had seen some SERIOUS heat.

I now have a big pile of KA parts to sell, one good sized bucket o bolts, a bucket of small scrap to make sculptures, and I went ahead and scraped together a full load of scrap to take in for $$

Moral of the story...don't EVER trust a KA that was pulled from a 240, unless you drive it first, and even then, be cautious.

Hell that, drop it on his crank!

Always, always pull the oil pump before buying. Often if the motor is fucked up the shit ends up going through the pump and grinds it up. I pulled one from a KA and it looked like sand and gravel had been pumped with it, WTF??? I rolled the motor over and the rod was through the side of the block.

Hell that, drop it on his crank!

Always, always pull the oil pump before buying. Often if the motor is fucked up the shit ends up going through the pump and grinds it up. I pulled one from a KA and it looked like sand and gravel had been pumped with it, WTF??? I rolled the motor over and the rod was through the side of the block.

Nice tech :cool:

The way the carbon chunks are in the cylinders and the way the valves look, it appears that the engine was way overheated and then the head gasket blew or someone poured water into the running engine. Its an old mechanics trick to remove carbon, get the engine hot and then pour water into the carb as its running, it removes a lot of crap that way. I have done it and it does work well. Id bet it was a head gasket on this one though.

Overheating got the pistons so tight they snapped the lands and rings.... scoring.

How were the bearing shells?

Pull the pump and split apart. If the two rotors are nice a shiny and the oil is clear of debris, keep it. It's a high volume unit and will fit any L series motor.

hahaha thats why we call it a single scam:lol: I would try to get my money back, but have the guy go back for you if you can. Tell him you'll pay him 50 bucks for his time if he can get you the money back....at least you'll have some kind of refund.

You know my story Guy....For those who dont, this is what my "fresh motor" looked like after finding out my rings were bad. Of course I never could get a hold of the seller again.

IMG_0880.jpg