GOONS check in

gokiburix

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my tank has crud in it no matter what i do to try to fix it (except replace the tank,since i haven't found a correct one yet),so i never put more gas in it than i can fill a plastic tub with in case I have to drain it. usually around $5 or $10 max. that means that I have to go get gas a the same station almost daily. the attendants recognize me by now,& know they have to fill it carefully,& not hands free.

• 3 weeks later...

I take the sender out and fill it from inside the car. I don't have a key for my locking gas cap. :lol: But on the other wagon I had I learned the hard way. Went to fill her up and it shot gas all over my shoes. I was freakin pissed. I only fill it up once a month if that so I don't mind taking out the sender.

Sold my goon to a friend but here are some pics when I owned it.

Redwag1.jpg

L20B, dual Mikunis, el dizzy, 60amp alt, 200sx trans, 437 gears from '80 4x4 (front diff in my turbo car)

redwag3.jpg

The exhaust was long tube header (changed back to stock manifold),2" pipe, Flowmaster 1 to 2, dual Cherry Bombs out

redwag2.jpg

redwag4.jpg

redwag5.jpg

Autocross turned drift!

DriftWagon2.jpg

DriftWagon1.jpg

I've had a few, but this one was extra FUN!

James

Cool! Thanks for the praise, I am re-gearing the rear end, updating the alternator, and tuning it up for King Of The Hammers next month so I will start a thread with some pics of how this started out.

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one to have this problem. I dread adding fuel to my tank. I have considered turning the nozzle in and filling from the inside but still worry that it may leak using that method as well. Someone must have a solution? Do we need to reengineer the design or what? I tried a makeshift PVC extender that slips inside the fill nozzle and that failed miserbly. H...E...L...P...!