GOONS check in

gokiburix

Guest kamakazi620

L20b and 5 speed are now gone!!!!!!! had to make room for a KA(still lookin' for one)Phil came over and helped,we pulled the engoime harness to make some ka friendly adjustments in the future.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well then....welcome to the GOON SQUAD!

ーゴキ

hey Goki,

i just followed a link on here to "myrideisme.com ,and after checking out a feature about an australian 4 door dime,followed another link to an feature on your Goon,and your Z. I'm even more Impressed by how nice that goon is. It was pretty cool seeing a feature on a car that belonged to someone I kinda know. pretty cool seeing your decals & that they mentioned Ratsun in the article too.

I know one of the guys who worked on that Goon. He is my VW mech friend.

who's your vw mech friend? I was into VW's for a long time. I worked for Discount Import Parts for just under 9 Years. maybe I knew him. it would be interesting to hear about that build.

Guest kamakazi620

I'ma just roll in and leave these here..

imag0398j.jpg

imag0396u.jpg

imag0399.jpg

They are some cheap budget 175/70-13's. I know I should have gotten 175/50-13's... :(

naw mang the 50 series are too short,those are Epic!!!!!! yet they can't fit over big brakes

naw mang the 50 series are too short,those are Epic!!!!!! yet they can't fit over big brakes

Nawww, I love skinny tires. :P at least 175/60's would have looked nicer. Going to buy some wheel adapters this week, once those arrive I can get a pic of what they look like on the car.

I've heard if you shave a bit of metal off the ZX calipers you can get them to fit under some 13" wheels.

Does anyone know the measurement of the diameter of the ZX brakes? I know the rotor is 10", but how far does the caliper stick out? The inside of these wheels have 12" of clearance if I remember right.

hey Goki,

i just followed a link on here to "myrideisme.com ,and after checking out a feature about an australian 4 door dime,followed another link to an feature on your Goon,and your Z. I'm even more Impressed by how nice that goon is. It was pretty cool seeing a feature on a car that belonged to someone I kinda know. pretty cool seeing your decals & that they mentioned Ratsun in the article too.

hehe thanks Loren! I actually posted a thread/link here on ratsun:

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/25370-one-man-two-datsuns/

Thanks for the compliments again! My buddy was the one that wrote the article and asked him to mention ratsun :)

ーゴキ

who's your vw mech friend? I was into VW's for a long time. I worked for Discount Import Parts for just under 9 Years. maybe I knew him. it would be interesting to hear about that build.

The shop is M&M auto, off of TV Highway. Across the street from the Harvy Bunny. The owner Nick is getting older now, so you might now him... But my mechanic friend is David, who is 26 now.

Its nice having a VW mechanic friend, I get all my parts for cheap. Like 1/3-1/2 of napa price.

The shop is M&M auto, off of TV Highway. Across the street from the Harvy Bunny. The owner Nick is getting older now, so you might now him... But my mechanic friend is David, who is 26 now.

Its nice having a VW mechanic friend, I get all my parts for cheap. Like 1/3-1/2 of napa price.

the name of the shop is familiar, I think I might've made some deliveries out there. That's in Discount Import parts' Beaverton store's delivery area (also formerly known as Checkered Flag). I worked almost entirely at the Mcloughlin Blvd. store in Oak Grove (Milwaukie),Or. ,but I occasionally did a few deliveries out there on the way to/from the 2 stores. I was the main shipping & receiving person (the supervisor for a few years),but I also did alot of delivery runs in our area,and some parts sales too. I've owned a bunch of VW's over the years. the last one was a '00 Turbo Beetle. I've had a pretty nice gunmetal Rabbit 'vert (German built with the 1.8 GTI motor,euro bumpers,Hella 4 light grille,Boge struts,color matched Enkie's) NOT A CABRIOLET!, a mk1 scirocco (again,with the 1.8 GTI motor),a mk2 16v scirocco, a '65 Kombi, a '60 double-door panel van, a '64 Ghia, a '67 Ghia, a '72 superbeetle(my first VW ) and a couple of "67 bugs ( the first of which my then 4 year old daughter & I built back when I was a single parent,she's 19 now) the 2nd '67 bug was a street legal drag bug, built Empi GTV style. it had a '67 Ghia transaxle(for better gearing) 2 1/2 inch drop spindals,disc brakes,Empi front & rear SWAY BARS, and a Balanced 1835 dual carbed engine with a 110 cam& 1:4:1 high ratio rockers in 041 racing heads. I'll have to get a pic of it scanned and post it someday. unfortunately,rust finally got out of hand on that car,& I needed a daily driver, so I traded it and the 16v scirocco for my '63 Buick Riveria. i had always wanted a 510 though,ever since I was a kid,& finally got the first of 2 'Goons about 3 years ago.

Guest kamakazi620

Nawww, I love skinny tires. :P at least 175/60's would have looked nicer. Going to buy some wheel adapters this week, once those arrive I can get a pic of what they look like on the car.

I've heard if you shave a bit of metal off the ZX calipers you can get them to fit under some 13" wheels.

Does anyone know the measurement of the diameter of the ZX brakes? I know the rotor is 10", but how far does the caliper stick out? The inside of these wheels have 12" of clearance if I remember right.

Wheel adapters????? what are they 4x100??? or 4x108???

Udate on my Goon,I found a good single slam KA for 2hundo w/wire harness and ecu.I can smell canby allready!!!!! if it gets donje in time i'ma gonna camp out in the goon!

Wheel adapters????? what are they 4x100??? or 4x108???

Udate on my Goon,I found a good single slam KA for 2hundo w/wire harness and ecu.I can smell canby allready!!!!! if it gets donje in time i'ma gonna camp out in the goon!

its like 9 months away what do you mean if it gets done in time......it dont take long to do.....

Guest kamakazi620

its like 9 months away what do you mean if it gets done in time......it dont take long to do.....

Yeah well i still need a 5 speed trans(KA Der Der) and a radiator and a wiper motor and 200sx struts and big brakes and dave carter to finish bodywork and.............. :lol:

You're supposed to measure center to center on two opposing holes

Ah. I did not know this. Still, if my maths are correct if it is square 4x100 than one end to the other should be the same measurement as diagonal... Still, stock 510's are 4x114.3 right? The pattern of these wheels didn't fit on the 510 hubs.

Ah. I did not know this. Still, if my maths are correct if it is square 4x100 than one end to the other should be the same measurement as diagonal... Still, stock 510's are 4x114.3 right? The pattern of these wheels didn't fit on the 510 hubs.

4x114.3 is 510/datsun bolt pattern....

Diagonal of a square can never be the same length as one of its sides.

Just measure again going across the hub bore, center to center.

th_utf-8BSU1HMDA0NjYuanBn-1-1.jpg?t=1288257141th_utf-8BSU1HMDA0NjYuanBn-1-1-2.jpg?t=1288257141utf-8BSU1HMDA0NjUuanBn.jpg?t=1288253179utf-8BSU1HMDA0NjYuanBn.jpg?t=1288253179drove the Goon to Wilsonville,Or. today. Went to Sonic for lunch (blue coconut slushies, chili cheese tot's,etc), took these pics. Then went to Napa & got a job! I'm glad to be working again,& in my chosen field (auto parts ). on the way home the clutch started making noise again (intermitently) when the pedal is pushed in,(only when the pedal is pushed in,not while the car is in gear& not every time). I guess the new throwout bearing,and the sil-glide grease didn't fix it completely. It looks like I'll be pulling the trans. AGAIN this weekend, it's a good thing I'm getting pretty fast at it. Dave said use white lithium grease instead this time,and to grease the bushing that the input shaft fits into also.utf-8BSU1HMDA0NjYuanBn-1-1.jpg?t=1288258718

WHA ???? we finally get to see the green wagon !... :D

pr00f! :rofl:

im know there are a few pix from the last mexico surf trip ~2000, if i can get my ex to give me back the photo albums or negatives. never took to many when it was on the road

also have compliled all the KAde parts for a winter rebuild.

now just need to find a KA 5spd...

Guest kamakazi620

pr00f! :rofl:

im know there are a few pix from the last mexico surf trip ~2000, if i can get my ex to give me back the photo albums or negatives. never took to many when it was on the road

also have compliled all the KAde parts for a winter rebuild.

now just need to find a KA 5spd...

Me 2!!!!! got the Goon towed to Big Daves house today,Hes gonna weld in the missing 1/4 of the core support and inner fender,this coming sat going to look at a KAe motor for sale,most likely gonna buy it as long as it ain't junk.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kamakazi620

Me 2!!!!! got the Goon towed to Big Daves house today,Hes gonna weld in the missing 1/4 of the core support and inner fender,this coming sat going to look at a KAe motor for sale,most likely gonna buy it as long as it ain't junk.

What;s the DEAL????? i post in here and NO

ONE posts??? :angry: :lol: