my friend is gone

bonvo

i had to put my dog jake down today..... one of the hardest things ive ever had to do he was 12 years old and had lost control of the muscles that block off the passage between his stomach and lungs so when he would eat or drink it would end up in his lungs not his stomach the vet said there was nothing they could do for him i never expected it to be this freaking hard 

jake.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0146.jpgIMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh jon that is so sad. My heartfelt sympathies to you and your family. I know exactly how you feel. Do feel free to talk about it with friends and family. It keeps his memory alive and though it seems like the hurt will never go away, it does get easier. I am sorry for your loss.

mike

i had to put my dog jake down today..... one of the hardest things ive ever had to do he was 12 years old and had lost control of the muscles that block off the passage between his stomach and lungs so when he would eat or drink it would end up in his lungs not his stomach the vet said there was nothing they could do for him i never expected it to be this freaking hard 

jake.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0146.jpgIMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

Jake was here an was a Good Dog an the world knows it!!  Thanks for showing us Jake!!

thanks guys i never really gave it much thought that he would be gone one day hes been in my life for almost half of it he behaved like a puppy all the way up till about 2 weeks ago the vet said that he had lost control of the muscles in the throat that dictated if what was coming in went to the lungs or the stomach so when he would eat or drink it ended up in his lungs i was really hoping that when we took him to the vet that it wouldnt be something this serious but im glad he isnt hurting anymore 

. Was your friend Jake part Akita?

we were told he is part german shepard part chow

This is Helga and King.  King is in the background, looking sideways.

Helga.jpg

I had to put him down in 2009. and I am crying now as I write about him.

I know how you feel.  I know there is nothing I can say to make it feel better.

Later tonight, I need to take Helga out to play a little.

sorry for your loss man.  What did you use to put him down with?   I remember when I was young I had a dog that didnt come home for several days, we found him tangled up in some fence with gang green.  Dad shot him several times with his 45 and he still wouldn't give it up.  He was one tough dog.   I hate it when I lose a dog.   Give it some time and get a new companion,  youc an start over with fresh memories and honor your friend.

so sorry for your loss.. i cant imagine what you and your family is going through right now, i dont know what i would do if i ever have to put my dog down, let alone when his time comes.

im sure youve heard this hundreds of times by now, but it was for the better, he wont suffer any longer...

cheers

thats the way i have to think about it he isnt hurting anymore for the last week he would walk up and put his chin on my knee with a look that said "please make it stop hurting" i was really hoping the vet could help ive lost friends and pets before but not like this they would get hit by cars or like my grandpa just not wake up its really a different thing those last 10 or so minutes when you know what has to be done but hes laying right there breathing and looking at you all pitiful its like a dagger threw the heart 

I lost my furry friend back in '08. 

Life without a dog isn't the same. They don't hang around as long as we do, but they know more about love and happiness than we ever will. We sold ourselves to the system. A world of products and production, procuring waste and want. When was the last time you went out to sniff flowers and play with sticks? It is greed that destroyed the empire of man. What was once the need to survive has become the desire to progress. A dog can teach you many things if you have the patience to learn. 

I got a pup that will be two this Febuary. She's my best friend. 

We're sorry for your loss. 

P1080089_zps6ed65b44.jpg?t=1355377539

P5120023_zps71d0549e.jpg?t=1355380490

Bummer man, that really sucks.  I just gave Molly some extra loving, she's 7 or 8 now, I hope she lives to a ripe old age, but you never know.  I remember when Cobi passed in 2008, she was the best dog our family ever had.  At least Jake is running around in dog heaven now.