New 240sx talks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I seriously would like to see them do is take the current 370Z roadster, shrink it down to half its size making it about 2500lbs like the NC miata with the 1.6L from the Juke under the hood with options for CVT as well as a 6 speed manual. No non-turbo model available, keep them all turbo with same power across the board and just change interior options for the models.  Make a NISMO option with a/c, stereo, power steering,  and power window delete and I'll be first in line.

I think as a rendering, that it is pretty fucking cool.

Given the way Nissan has imaged the current line-that would be the show piece.

If one were to be stuck on the 240SX, you will never appreciate the car shown. 

Those that hold it against a Z will never prosper either.

Don't make it what it is not. What it could be is a revival of Nissan's sporting roots.

I hope that it makes it past the rumor mill. Even if it only gets to the concept stage-it is still a huge push in a good direction for Nissan.

Fuckin' face it... we're on a car forum that last badged their cars as a Datsun 28? years ago. Changed the name to Nissan 30 years ago. We take many of our styling cues from then, or back then, or 'a long time ago' and if you're like me don't see much to like in any of the new cars of today. Hell I came of age in the muscle car era and haven't seen a truly fast looking car (or damned few) since the early 70s. Styles change and move ahead. Even retro is a move ahead of the original and appeals to the nostalgic in us. (if you are old enough to remember back to another age)

marv.sin_.city_.490.jpg
Marv: Modern cars - they all look like electric shavers.

WallMart was a FML thread to begin with. They are fucked up and a bunch of asshole employers... end of story.

A retro 240sx would be great!!! But it would have to at least LOOK like a 240sx or what's the sense????  Reviving the 240sx name and sticking it on some piece of shit isn't really reviving anything. (think HL510, not that is was a POS but they could have called it anything and would have/could have easily stood on it's own merits) So what do we get? A car that 'sort of' looks like something we remember and other than that, and four wheels, is totally different underneath the body. ABS, air bags, an engine/trans that is factory sealed so you can't check the fluids let alone work on.

Yes it's raining.

Sounds like my grandpa "they were much better looking back then ... "

Well they were. When you become a grandpa you'll say the same thing about the 240sx or whatever.

Sounds like my grandpa "they were much better looking back then ... "

and all the bitches were skinny.....

and why are we talking about a retro 240 sx.....this isn't a nicco site .... retro 510......come on bring back the true wagon..... crossovers are for guys who can dribble and chicks with dicks