serious inquiry involving duck tape

Alright, I am a broke ass married college kid and I am limited as to what I can do with my truck... As it is 35 miles away at the parents. I have done all body work needed to make the truck semi straight. All I'm lacking to get my rat on the road is a windshield. But I wanna get it all one color and I don't care what it looks like. I checked on some car paint and its out ta my price range but I noticed last time I visited the rents I have a huge box of near commercial grade duck tape. So I put one and one together and I'm liking this idea even more and more what you all think? The whole truck in duck tape? Comments suggestions?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the coating/primer/paint that is on it now will keep out water, then you should have no issues, if it is just normal primer, then forget it, unless that duct tape can/will keep the water out for sure, the duct tape will hold water in and it will rust faster.

Primer does not inhibit rust unless it is a primer sealer, which most primers are not.

It's interesting that you mention you don't care what it looks like... But you care what it looks like so you want to tape the whole car.

Duct tape is the ugliest shit ever. Hobbes is right: it will be a giant pain to get all the residue off. I have seen an Evo completely covered in painters tape which looked decent. But that's not crappy duct tape and it peels off quick.

Snatch up some Rustoleom and paint it that way. There's many guys out there rocking cheap paint jobs. If you're hurting for money so bad you're considering tape as a viable solution for a paint job, then maybe you need to hold off and save some more.

go to lowes and buy some 99 cent spray cans. as long as your good at laying down some spray paint itll look nice my dad rattle caned his chevy truck bed trailer and people asked him how much he paid for it. just take your time. way better than throwing on some duck tape. its a cool idea but itll be ugly as hell and cost alot more than going out and buying a few cans of spray paint.

I have done all body work needed to make the truck semi straight. All I'm lacking to get my rat on the road is a windshield.

I have a huge box of near commercial grade duck tape. So I put one and one together and I'm liking this idea even more and more...

How will you see??? .... :confused: . . . . . clear duck tape?

Lol this truck has been a hoot so far and it hasn't even been on the road yet. The funny thing was that I got it inspected without fenders and a plywood hood and it passed but my windshield was already cracked and I went to get insurance and they told me no they wouldn't insure it...