OldSkool's 521 Thread...the Mad Idiots Journal.

oldskoolvws

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No show truck here. Right now its a garage parts storage rack LOL.

Just been picking up a few odds and ends to get my interior worked out. I really am going to ge the right suspension done real soon. Stuck on that stupid lower kingpin seal though, need to find something that works. Other than that, I may need a few odds and ends, but I think I got everything for a brand new front end, torsions included. Think I'm getting those D21 rear leafs too and give it a try.

Make way fella's, the mad scientist is putting on the gloves and the brain is a cooking...

Or I might just sit on the couch and play battlefiled.

First mistake, no chrome for me. That's polished aluminum son! The whole polished gold theme accents will play through the entire truck to give it that "super" deluxe look. Eventually it will play through the entire truck, but with only subtle accents. I normally don't like chrome. Only OEM and a few accents are my threshold. That's why I love the fact that most of the trim is stainless.

And just so we're clear, I have no intention of making a show truck. I'm just doing what I like to do. That's usually why I don't go to those JCCS and Canby things. They like to judge at those things. I rather be the girl in the background that doesn't get asked to dance.

Well my truck is definitely not show quality but I still went to canby. Although I didn't enter it to be judged cause I'm sure it would of win nothing. But like you said U do what u like and I can get behind that.

Dude, there is no judging at Canby, well unless you register to be judged... Plus this is Ratsun, we are all friendly. At the end of the night its all about shenanigans.

Honestly, there is such a wide range of cars that go, that you would have to do something totally bizarre to be judged, like glue a million bottle caps onto the truck.

Also, thoughts on this? I'm on the fence on replacing it with something else. Just not sure what. This does MP3 and iPod and all that, just not sure I like the look. Maybe black knobs?

P.S. That radio trim piece is a PITA to polish if you've ever thought about it.

datsun013.jpg

black knobs would look sooo much better or get an oem radio and have it refitted with modern internals

U did Canby? How long was that drive? I've been thinking about going to it or JCCS, I just don't want to be judged. Just want to hang out, drink a few and have a good time.

Cuz cmon already with he judging thing,i went last year to JCCS just to enter my truck in the show to hang out and have a good time and also get a goodie bag i never thought in a million years i was going to even win,it was just fun all the guys meeting in the morning to caravan down and fuck around,hell i was not even by my truck windows rolled down all open,i just left it,i was checking out everything else me and john had brunch with 2 lovely ladies on the Queen Mary and it was just fun.

U did Canby? How long was that drive? I've been thinking about going to it or JCCS, I just don't want to be judged. Just want to hang out, drink a few and have a good time.

if i remember correctly it was around 13 hours maybe less. we got on the road at 4am and arrived up thereabout 5 or 6, i think. jccs would be a waaaay shorter drive i think. it was fun driving my little truck the distance. it was a great weekend trip.

Okay registered for juku-juk-juk-jen whatever this weekend in San Leandro. Got a few things to do:

Put on Ray's center caps

Vacuum carpet

Wash

Get beach chairs down

Charge camera

Make pretty

empty all the crap out of the back

oh yeah, pray it starts LOL.