OldSkool's 521 Thread...the Mad Idiots Journal.

oldskoolvws

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow you wen bus out the names. Me and Uncle Willy used to massive drink on the Star Dancer. Kelly boy Delima too.

Just for you Hawaiian, but a little something for the haoles too. I used to always used to ask him to sing this:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Bought me some bling bling today off ebay for the truck. I want to keep the theme going and I've been struggling with a gauge setup. Usually I don't post what I'm going to do...but today is special. I couldn't find anything that I like as far as under dash gauge holder. I'm hoping this is the key. I'll probably high polish the gauge holder. It should match my rims rather well. What you think?

For a tach, I'll run a gold Faria or VDO 3-1/8" in a universal chrome pod. I'm also going to run a wideband controller. Think I have that figured out too....that remains hush-hush.

And yeah, it's a 4-gauge holder, I may go down to three. I'm looking for one particular gauge and if I can find it, I'll go 4.

waterfx.jpg

voltsn.jpg

oilyn.jpg

guageholder.jpg

Yeah, I've been struggling with it because I don't want that "out of the box" look, don't want the "everybody has it look", but still need to keep it sort of era correct. Those gauge holders also recess the gauges so I'm hoping it will look good.

I seriously thought about this center console too, supposedly it's fully polished but I might paint it or something if I were to go this route. Only about $100 bucks.

centerconsole.jpg

okay, which do I run:

mklotz's front disk setup or Krecs adapter that uses the isuzu/d21 setup. I cannot push my wheels out at all....yet.

Also want SS brake lines...I need adapter? Guess I'll need an adapter anyway rubber or stainless yes? Metric to standard?

Tanker...do ma favor if you would? Can you measure the bolt to bolt distance from your calipers? I got mine, but I think it's the standard D21 setup. Not sure I can run them blingy blingy wilwoods although I would like too.

I have both kits, so whichever I do not use, I'll sell.

Tanker...do ma favor if you would? Can you measure the bolt to bolt distance from your calipers? I got mine, but I think it's the standard D21 setup. Not sure I can run them blingy blingy wilwoods although I would like too.

I will check the first chance i get or i will call juan and ask him.

The spacing is 100mm for the stock single piston caliper that goes on mine.  The spacing is the same for the 2 piston 4x4 caliper. 

If you're running aftermarket rims, I'd probably go with Krec's.......they're cheaper and may push the wheel out about an 1/8" if that.